ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

Goliath I
I'm tempted to buy a wheel, though don't want to spend much as it'll only be used for this.

Any recommendations? (Xbox)

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've got the Microsoft wheel (the proper one with pedals, not the stupid speed wheel)

RS Clio 182
I got a very decent 8th at Bahrain - but struggled like i always do at Catalunya,race started wet but gradually dried until everyone went on Primes - i was up to 10th in the first stint,with TM Maldonado in 9th,but we both had slow pace compared to the Saubers & Force Indias,and i finished 15th in the end - after some slow pit stops (everyone did 4!).

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished The German GP, again got a good start up to 10th on the first lap but my tyres went off quickly and finished 18th. Hungary next which I don't really like driving.

Golf R/Leon FR
Finished my 1st season, got a contract offer from Sauber so took it. Qualified 8th in Australia with Hulkenberg just behind me. Hoping for a good season and the tyres last on a better car.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this so far. I'm finding it pretty tough, but seem fairly realistic. Currently 11th in the championship with Torro Rosso. Tyre wear seems like the first halk of the F1 season, sometimes i'm having to stop 3 times when the others are stopping only twice?

Golf R/Leon FR
It doesnt improve Clart.

I find the AI's degredation is miles better than mine and I nearly always have to stop early or make extra stops. Some tracks are really bad for it (Malaysia and Hungary). Using some of the setups on the forum mentioned on page 5 seem to help tyre wear.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I had an absolute nightmare in barcelona, qualified in 3rd, got up to second, by the end of the race i finished 18th as my tyres just kept going off.

Goliath I
There are a few tracks which are utter s**t in tyre wear and the AI just does not seem to replicate the players tyres.

I've just finished my first Season, I chose Kimi as my Rival as he was down in 9th and I was 10th with Force Indiia. I ended up beating him in the standings (I was 9th he was 10th) and in the majority of races, so I turned down offers from Williams and Sauber for Lotus, onlyI never got the offer! FFS.

Golf R/Leon FR
I thought you'd have had an offer off Lotus? Whats the point in selecting a rival? I opted for Sauber in my second season.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've been rinsing this lately, I'd say its the best F1 game i've played, even with the silly tyre wear on a couple of track. Just finished my first season, started with Torro Rosso, half way through the season i get offered the sauber drive as number 2. I whup hulkenbergs ass and finish 9th in the championship after a second place at interlagos (love that track). Lotus have now offered me a seat as their number 1 driver w00t!

Lee

BMW M2C
I've been rinsing this lately, I'd say its the best F1 game i've played, even with the silly tyre wear on a couple of track. Just finished my first season, started with Torro Rosso, half way through the season i get offered the sauber drive as number 2. I whup hulkenbergs ass and finish 9th in the championship after a second place at interlagos (love that track). Lotus have now offered me a seat as their number 1 driver w00t!

Glad you're enjoying it.

The tyre wear issue mainly down to the strategy not being able to take in to account wear from previous sessions, so your strategy is based on new rubber, and the AI being a little more gentle than the player.

The Lotus is a nice car to drive. I used the Lotus a lot during dev, so it's set-up to my tastes!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Glad you're enjoying it.

The tyre wear issue mainly down to the strategy not being able to take in to account wear from previous sessions, so your strategy is based on new rubber, and the AI being a little more gentle than the player.

The Lotus is a nice car to drive. I used the Lotus a lot during dev, so it's set-up to my tastes!

Urm any news on the 2014 versions for next gen, expected this year?:eek: I am really looking forward to this on PS4:D I expect it will look stunning... any news on steering wheel support as well :race: thanks.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you're enjoying it.

I've been doing the short weekend, so just 15 mins of qualifying, i tend to go out on new tyres set a couple of ok laps, then come in when the fuel runs out. Change for a new set of options and go out and put the hammer down for the last 5 mins.

Do you start the race on the tyres you finished quali on?

Impreza RB5 #054
I've been doing the short weekend, so just 15 mins of qualifying, i tend to go out on new tyres set a couple of ok laps, then come in when the fuel runs out. Change for a new set of options and go out and put the hammer down for the last 5 mins.

Do you start the race on the tyres you finished quali on?

Yep, I just punture a tyre on my in lap, so I start with fresh tyres, also gives you the chance to swap to primes for the start.

Ever play online?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Not played online yet.

First race in the lotus at albert park last night. You were right lee, its a pretty well setup car. Managed a second place but might up the difficulty tbh as i seemed almost as quick as alonso who won but I made a few silly mistakes.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just started playing this, ive found it stupidly hard to get to grips with!

I constantly seem to be around 6-10 seconds off pace, and sometimes even slip to a min or so off pace!

Golf R/Leon FR
Ive just started playing this, ive found it stupidly hard to get to grips with!

I constantly seem to be around 6-10 seconds off pace, and sometimes even slip to a min or so off pace!

Have you played the previous games? What difficulty level and are you using any aids? Also wheel or pad?

Golf R/Leon FR
Urm any news on the 2014 versions for next gen, expected this year?:eek: I am really looking forward to this on PS4:D I expect it will look stunning... any news on steering wheel support as well :race: thanks.

Jean Eric Vergne tweeted earlier that he's been with codemasters doing facial recognition, so hopefully the next game will have some good features and top graphics.

I think the difficulty settings have been way off since 2011 which was bang on.

Not played in a while but pro I was 4/5 seconds off the pace of last but on inter I was 4/5 quicker than second place.

That cant be right.

***GET THE DIFFICULTY RIGHT FOR 2014***

Goliath I
On my third Season in a Ferrari. 10 points off the top half way though and top if the constructors.

I found some of the poor tyre tracks can be rectified by setting the brake bias to the rear.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Have you played the previous games? What difficulty level and are you using any aids? Also wheel or pad?

Never played any of the others, I have it on the beginner settings with all aids on except the brake assist! Oh and I use the Xbox pad.

Golf R32
Must admit I picked this up the other day as I bought a Fanatec GT3RS wheel and I struggled, saying that though it's first time using a wheel & pedal setup, so started playing GT6 to get a bit of experience with the wheel.

Golf R/Leon FR
Never played any of the others, I have it on the beginner settings with all aids on except the brake assist! Oh and I use the Xbox pad.

It will take a while to get used to it then. Just keep going and you'll be on the pace before you know it.

RS Clio 182
Back on this now after a couple of months on GT6 - what a place to start - Monaco in the wet! This makes GT6 feels sedate lol - safe to say i really struggled,Q20th and finished that in the race aswell,after being lapped numorous times.

Hamilton & Rosberg didnt even do a lap of Qualifying,so they started at the back! But Rosberg managed to finish with a point in 10th!

Canada next,one of my favourite tracks - so looking for a better result hehe.

RS Clio 182
Well once again at Hungary,the tyre wear is ridiciulous - had to make an extra 4th stop,so it cost me a top 10 place as i was around 8th. Really finding Expert a challenge,average finish is 16th. But ive just had a contract offer from Sauber half way through the season so took it straight away! Was going to choose Guttierrez as my rival to try and get a seat there for season 3,so thats a result! Really wasnt going anyway with the Williams.

My new TM Hulkenberg is doing ok,in 9th with 36 pts.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just started on this again, played through Fallout 3 for a few months. Still in 2nd season with Sauber and finished Bahrain. Qualified 8th and went really well until the 2nd stop and got hit by Kimi on my out lap, ended up in 16th!! Very disappointed!

RS Clio 182
Just got a great battling 8th at Spa - i was under intense pressure from Rosberg for most of the race,but held him off....my TM Hulkenberg spun out early on but came back well,nearly got a point but finished in 11th. Its much better in a team with a fast Teammate.

My first points since my 8th at Bahrain..

RS Clio 182
I find that Hulkenburg is fast in the Sauber, is currently beating me in TM challenge.

Yeah he is - wouldnt surprise me if he got a podium soon. I had the 3 germans of Rosberg,Vetell & Hulkenberg hounding me on the back straight of Spa every lap hehe - great seeing the AI defending their line like me aswell. I cant really pick fault with this game,apart from the excessive tyre wear on some tracks.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
The Sauber is actually a decent car, and hulkenburg nearly always out qualified me.

I need to get back on this, its a fantastic game.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I tend to struggling with qualifying tbh, I tend to make up a lot of places on the first corner though ;)

Golf R/Leon FR
Same here, just finished Spain and Hulk qualified 3rd! No chance of getting up there. I started 8th and I thought that was good. Now 4-1 to Hulk, cant wait for Canada where I know I'll beat him ha ha

RS Clio 182
Same here, just finished Spain and Hulk qualified 3rd! No chance of getting up there. I started 8th and I thought that was good. Now 4-1 to Hulk, cant wait for Canada where I know I'll beat him ha ha

Thats what i thought about Canada - but i really struggled there on Expert in the Williams,came 15th...normally finish in the points around there!