ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F40 Detail!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=201932

09de70a5.jpg

1f7506bf.jpg

Good read. :) Cannot believe it weighed 1,100 kg! I knew it was stripped out by my god that's light!

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
Could of been the second clean down so a sponge is fine as there won't be dirt there to get trapped. Looks like a zymol sponge too. There really soft.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can I ask why he went to all that detail but never took the wheels off to clean them properly?
The owner either requested not to or it wasn't part of the detail. A lot of work involved with wheel removal and an extra charge is always applicable.

It was a Zymol sponge.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The owner either requested not to or it wasn't part of the detail. A lot of work involved with wheel removal and an extra charge is always applicable.

It was a Zymol sponge.

Were you impressed by my sponge knowledge there gal? Lol

Can I ask why he went to all that detail but never took the wheels off to clean them properly?

Jay does have the ability to take centre locks off from memory, so it will be as Gal has said, it wasn't required by the owner or wasn't deemed necessary. Reaching behind the spokes on that sort of car is usually quite easy as they have large gaps to aid cooling of the brakes.

P1140049.jpg

ARGH ! Sponge.

:dead:

Zymol non-silicone, so it won't scratch. Still wouldn't use it on my car, but my car see's 5k a year. That probably sees 500 if that.

Could of been the second clean down so a sponge is fine as there won't be dirt there to get trapped. Looks like a zymol sponge too. There really soft.

Right idea, but wrong reason. The car will be bloody clean to start with.

It was a Zymol sponge.

x

centrelocks?

Were you impressed by my sponge knowledge there gal? Lol

Very nice, but LOL @ that seating position, check out the angle of the steering wheel!

I noted that Fenn! Talk about chronic back ache!

Last edited:
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I fully admit to prefering N/A over any Turbo car... but this is my all time favourite car ever built. I still have the poster that was on my wall as a kid at home, along side a Countach as well of course :)

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
my all time favourite car and dream car. so epic. my god father has 2 in storage for someone at the mo, been there for at least 15 years and hardly ever used! even got a cheeky sit in one of them when i was about 8!:D

Integra Type-R DC2
Exeter Ferrari garage had one for a while, found any excuse to detour past the place to have a quick oggle. Such a gorgeous car.

Range Rover Sport
I was lucky enough to be taken for a ride in a F40 last year, Not the easiest to get in/out of, but my god it was brutal, the noise was immense and i doubt ill ever experience accelertaion/speed like it ever again. Something i will never forget!