ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f7p in mk2 clio

Yep will fit. mounts etc are all the same distance. Driveshafst have to be bodged a bit I think.

Its not a bad idea what with the cheap prices they go for but not much point 172 is more power and not much more money.

Biggest issue is how you want to go about it personaly I'd use the Valver looms etc but make the internal car loom seperate custom one and bit the UCH etc. ABS can run the speed and teel the electric rack what speed your going and power the speedo dials so thats that sorted. Internal loom well could use a vlver one modified to fit if you wanted.

Clio 172 Ph1
Well in my country it is really hard to get 172 engine, and if you even find it it is very expensive. But really hard to find! For few months i been trying to find it and no luck.

So you say i can use that engine without big moddifications? And i can use electris power steering from my car?

Well in my country it is really hard to get 172 engine, and if you even find it it is very expensive. But really hard to find! For few months i been trying to find it and no luck.

So you say i can use that engine without big moddifications? And i can use electris power steering from my car?

Yep the electric rack on your car (I assume you have them) can stand alone so is ideal for the job realy.

The ABS system is also stand alone.

Clio 172 Ph1
And how muxh is 1.8 16v engine heavier that 1.4 16v?
I have stiffer and shorter springs (moddified h&r) and dampers on my car.

What if it runs hydraluic (sp) PAS like in the ph1?
All phase 2's should run electric theres a few apparently which don't but I've yet to see them.

If it does then either
1) Use the electric one
2) Wire the pump up to the 1.8 engine its desinged for a PAS pump anyway plus you'd need to remove the PAS pump and sort the AUx belt out so its one problem less if you did have hydrol just got to fit it.

What about air condition? will i be able to use ac from 1.4 16v?
You could fit it neeed to make the brackets etc up but its been done to Williams before now so it can be done.

A 172 is easier conversion realy.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Ph1
Matt i am from Croatia. Engine and shipment would cost me very much i think. This 1.8 16v engine i will get for maybe 500quid (including some new parts i have to buy for it- gaskets etc).

Clio 172 Ph1
Edde, gearbox and clutch will be ok from 1.4, and will handle 1.8 16v(moddified to 150-170hp)?

Matt i am from Croatia. Engine and shipment would cost me very much i think. This 1.8 16v engine i will get for maybe 500quid (including some new parts i have to buy for it- gaskets etc).

Edde, gearbox and clutch will be ok from 1.4, and will handle 1.8 16v(moddified to 150-170hp)?

Getting a 1.8 to that level isn't cheap 2.0 bottom end from a Megan or a Williams engine is a beter idea with cams.

You might be suprised the cost of shipping.

You might get the engine for £500 but then there all the ECU looms etc you need.

1.4 box can be used but its not ideal. Wheather it holds is anyone guess it might it might blow up in 6 months.