ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P Turbo conversion project

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Just gonna start off my project thread as i'm building up on lots of parts for the conversion, I brought a Phase 2 Clio 16v in brooklands green off ebay as a non runner, (Immobiliser fault!) £20 and one second hand phase 1 ECU and it was runnin an good too.

Pic of car when brought, Was a bit shabby and there is some rust on the rears as usual,
a132_1.jpg

After about 5 hours flattin down with 1200grit we buffered for another 2 hour (While having a few beers!) i fitted centre caps and painted them an the wheels satin black, I have painted all the plastics since these next pic
Picture18086.jpg

Also fitted angel eyes and new drilled and grooved brakes too.
Picture18067.jpg

Picture18055.jpg

Brought this lot over the course of a few months

Picture1806617.jpg

mycooler.jpg

Also i've just brought a spare engine to fit all the parts to so mine won't be off the road long, as i'm ready to get an engine stripped down ready for the forged low comp pistons and other goodies when i buy them!

Want to be looking around 240-260bhp when finished as it's the stage 2 i'm building not the 320bhp stage 3 (Yet!!)

More info as i get it or buy the bits!

Any quetions or info ya wanna give me feel free to post on here

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Spec list will be:
Wossner lowcomp forged pistons (((needed)))
Garrett GT28r Turbo runnin 14PSI
handbuilt s/s manifold (Got to remove wastegate port!)
R21 turbo injectors
Huge one sided FMIC with custom pipe run
Fastchips high boost low comp chip
Helix 4 paddle competion clutch
Gtt gear box for strength with soft peddle (((needed)))
Water/meth injection
1.0mm MLS headgasket (((needed)))

When did you buy this one? I swear it's the one I went to look at about 18 months ago (somewhere near Oxford), it had really nice refurbed Turbines on it though.

I'm 99.9% sure that's the plate from it, I got it HPI'd and everything.

Megane 2 GT 165
May I ask about the welded exhaust manifold why there are two exit flanges? one for the turbo? one for the exhaustpipe? or will the two flanges be connected again?

Love to learn from people :D

172 sport/Clio 16v T
I brought it from near nottingham about 9 months ago, think the guy had it a fair while too!

260? I wouldnt have thought so?

Wasnt nicks old one only 230odd?
Dunno mate just an estimate, prob be 120bhp knowing my luck lol!! I'll be the only person to fit a turbo to a car an loose power!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ones for an external wastegate but his tubby will have an internal one.

What power are the pistons good for? I know lee with his low pressure tubby has had a few heat problems...

172 sport/Clio 16v T
May I ask about the welded exhaust manifold why there are two exit flanges? one for the turbo? one for the exhaustpipe? or will the two flanges be connected again?
The other little port is for an external wastegate but it's being welded up, lack off room near the brake resivoir!

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Yer the manifold was off lee harding!

The 5 turbo box is a direct fit you just loose the speedo as its electrical not cable! Mines a F7P too!

Civic Vtec y0
Looks like its going to be a good project mate! Keep us updated!

If you dont mind me asking...whats the spend so far?

2016 Audi RS3

There seem to be more and more of these conversions being done now, a guy local to me is also doing one and it is useful to swap information on problems and work-arounds that you encounter.

The big difference is we are both putting Turbo'd F7Ps into our Renault 5's :clown:

Nice project you've got on the go:cool:

I think that yours may be one of the only green phase 2 valvers in the country. Green ones were very rare in phase 1, never ever seen a green phase 2 apart from yours.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

There seem to be more and more of these conversions being done now, a guy local to me is also doing one and it is useful to swap information on problems and work-arounds that you encounter.

The big difference is we are both putting Turbo'd F7Ps into our Renault 5's :clown:

Thats a great idea as the five shell is a shite load lighter than the clio.I thought of putting a volvo 1.8 in my 5 but it seemed a lot of money for a 1.8 8v. I wish i could still do it but its becoming harder and harder to find a nice 5 shell. I would be genuinely intrested in how this pans out as i would not mind a turbo kit for my williams.

172 sport/Clio 16v T

Is his name Adey?? If so he's on Rtoc making his 5 look pretty sweet euro style! I'm on Rtoc too (Kebabman).

I was gonna do it to a 5 at first but i sold mine so this came up.

Yer so if theres not many green phase 2's about bet mine'll be the only turbo green phase 2 ;-)