ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facebook virus...

Would post in the PC section but i think i would get more help here/more people would see it.

Anyway, my sister has managed to get a virus/spyware on her laptop - and its a reet b*****d. She said she clicked on a link on facebook, on someones profile.

Anyway, i have ran Windows Defender which didnt find it. Every AV website you go on, it shuts the internet down so you can access them.

I put AVG on a memory stick and installed it, then it woulnd't let AVG update itself.

Can't access Trend Micro/Panda scan or Lavasoft.

It's throwing up pop ups left right and center and is just generally being a right c**t.

Any ideas what this virus is/how i go about removing it?

yeh google it, is a windows_32 thing, loads on google, i couldnt do it myself and had to wipe it

Try CTRL+ALt+Delete

Then go to programs

Look for something funny name/off with .exe ending

End this program see if it stops.

Then update AV and get rid of it.

Bumder With A Buffer
Skinny did you ever sort out Firefox and its raping of your PC?? ines still f**king doing it :(

go to the RUN in the start menu..

run msconfig...

go to the start-up tab and unclick all the SHITE that loads on start up...

(prob wont let u end it on ctr alt del if its already running...)

Skinny did you ever sort out Firefox and its raping of your PC?? ines still f**king doing it :(

Yeah. Can't remember what i did now. Was a while back. I have a feeling it was a trojan or something similar.

However, i know i had to find a file hidden in my C/Windows folder. Think that was it. I couldn't delete it or end it. Had to go and find it manually and end it.

Have a search for a .exe in the windows folder on your c drive and see if there is anything funny.

Bumder With A Buffer
go to the RUN in the start menu..

run msconfig...

go to the start-up tab and unclick all the s**tE that loads on start up...

(prob wont let u end it on ctr alt del if its already running...)

Even then a silly "Slective startup" box appears everytime you load up

Well it is the Koobface virus, just found a couple of things open that were odd.

ld14.exe
pp11.exe
Eddy63.exe

or somthing.

Ran High Jack This - but wasn't sure what i was looking at in there ¬_¬
Runing CC Cleaner now.

If it's not allowing you to access certain sites look in your hosts file.

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (open in notepad).

Anything that looks odd comment out with a #