ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FACTORY SPEC SHEETS - 95 ON

IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR REG OR CHASSIS NO I CAN GET HOLD OF COPIES OF FACTORY BUILD/SPEC SHEETS FOR YOUR CARS. SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS VIA PRIVATE E - MAIL AND ILL SEND EM YOU FREE OF CHARGE. IT WILL HELP YOU WHEN YOU WANT TO ORDER GENUINE PARTS AND ADD TO THE VALUE OF YOUR CAR. SOME CARS MAY NOT BE ON MY FILE BUT ITS WORTH A TRY.

Would e-mail you mate but dont know your e-mail. Interested in this cause got major problems with my new Cup. Going in tomorrow for tracking, new alloy wheel etc etc. But I think the car was damaged before I got it as the passenger side wing isnt flush and the rear wheel arch on same side has had some new paint, see evidence of masking tape.

Really want to know what date it was built to had to my case for rejecting the car. Does the sticker on the oil filter show the date the car was put together or the date the engine was built??

Cheers

e - mail me on mailto:matt@mattsvette.co.uk">matt@mattsvette.co.uk. i,ll be glad to help. I will be able to tell you ever minor detail about your motor.

VICEROY - yeh it does mate - the renault oval plate number is a world wide parts I D code - there is a number on all plates which singles out which country it was destined for - uk is usually 5/ or 0/ - go & have a look on your cars & you will see.

On the newer cars the oval plate no is usually on your drivers side b/post (sill) half way up. Theres a little oval ring with a lot of codes in.

on older vehicles its usually on the drivers side h/light panel pot riveted on. Or the inner wing.

CB1A thanks a load for the sheets on the car made for an interesting read whilst eating my tea. I didnt think it would note the times my car has been back and what was one whilst it was in.

just a quick question though how come my dci has been listed with having normal suspension i was under the belief that the dynamics came with a different sportier suspenions. im sure my has it because it feel more secure and less body roll in comparision to the 1.2 16v i had as a coutisy car.

thanks again though

I had already asked him this. Basically it means you havent got hydraulic suspension like the old citroens (spell check)

EDDE - there are 2 types of suspension.

NORMAL SUSPENSION means - shockers, springs & a torsion bar at the rear - there are different ride heights of springs and your car will have the correct springs according to the spec of your car. All springs have a little colour code on them dependin on what type your car is. You will need that colour code if you ever need to order a spring from renault. The shock absorbers will also have different tolerances dependin on your vehicle type.

HYDRAULIC SUSPENSION - basically this means you can lower are higher the ride height of the car using a control button which activates a pump to lower your car to control the "ride comfort" . A bit like the citroen bxs. This is mostly found on ambulances or executive cars though.

NORMAL SUSPENSION doesnt mean your clio has been fitted with a cheap & nasty handling package.

hope that helps.

anyone else for one of these factory spec sheets - let us know ?

1995 cars - onwards.

mailto:matt@mattsvette.co.uk">matt@mattsvette.co.uk

Toureg vW Transporte

got mine ur a star mate.it says anti rust for 8 years, mines up this year. does that mean i could get my arches done on this or not??

DAFYDD - take your car to a local renault franchise and tell them you have corrosion on your rear arches - show them the build sheet which states "8 year" corrosion warranty & ask them if they can repaint the arches under warranty. This corrosion warranty is only applicable to cars that have started corroding from the inside out i.e they dont cover stone chips or any damage which has been inflicted on the metal work which could cause the car to rot. if you dont get a response of them try Renault customer services - contact your local dealer for there number.

CHARLIE 99 rt - when a car is destined to be built on a production line, a build sheet is sent down to the manufacturing plant to state the cars exact technical specifications. i,e alloys - sunroof - engine size- 5dr / 3dr etc. If you give me your reg & chassis number i can download these from Renault france and send them to you. There an interesting read & will tell you all about your car.

Just got mine through the post - fantastic! Thanks very much as well as for the Cup brochure and Renault merchandise one.