ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed engine mount - 1 month old

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

I bought my drivers side front engine mount around a month ago and fitted it.

I have went out today to check my levels etc and the centre bolt looked loose. I went to tighten it with my hand to see if it would turn and the whole thread came off in my hand from the base up.

I bought it from Eurocarparts.

What should i do?

I assume its been fitted so unreturnable.

It was torqued correctly etc.

Any help, advice, critisism welcome.

Da

Less
Erm, phone EuroCarparts?

Surely it will have a warranty regardless of the fact it has been fitted.
Not fit for purpose.

53 Clio's & counting
They will need to see it fitted to the car to check it has bee nfitted correctly i expect, but as long as it has mate it will be replaced FOC

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Thankyou all for your opinions.

I'll phone them tomorrow, I just thought i'd ask here first before making an arse of myself when i phone.

I wouldnt have noticed had i not look at the mount as the car has been kicking recently.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
cheap parts. Best place is dealer. More expensive but that bit more will last. Been here before so im talking from experience. Lol.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
cheap parts. Best place is dealer. More expensive but that bit more will last. Been here before so im talking from experience. Lol.

Its the same OEM part renault were selling. Same packet, name, everything.

I found this strange aswell.