ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

failed mot today!!!

Reason:

No door handles

will everywhere fail a car for this cos if so looks like the only option is to change the doors every 12 month.

TT 225

? there are loads of smoothed de-handled cars out there so im guessing not every where would fail you for this

unlucky mate, got my MOT soon.... is it very expensive to find a new place on the car to open the doors? like on the TVR? or i spose as u sed change the doors every 12months... bit of a hassle tho!

i showed him it was on remotes and he didnt want to know, he said what would you do it you rolled you car and some one couldnt open the door to get you out, i said if i rolled the car the doors wouldnt open then he said if i smashed the front end up? but lets face it you smash your car up what difference is a broken side window gonna make. gonna get my first above board mot ticket this yeah well looks like it is another uh uh u know what!

Audi S3

just need to look arround go to garages and ask b4 u give it to them would it fail for having no door handles! if they say no book it in! u never know some garage may be leaniant!

Matt

Id complain about this or seek further clarification from MOT head office (if one exists!) If your doors jammed shut in an accident, you have to smash the window. Fact. So why are the penalising you for it?

According to the MOT rules you have to have handles. I have investigated this and you must be able to open doors from the outside.

i have buttons too but that doesnt count eiether he says it has to be a mechanical method, he says electrical methods are not accepted by the mot, he reckon people knocked the filler out put handles back on for the test, as if

Hes talking out of his fat hairy ****. Go find another garage in the area thats populated by *reasonable* people. i.e. the ones where the owners drive modded cars! ;)

350z & 16v Maxi

I think there needs to be a mechanical method to open your doors but doesnt need to be on the outside. As long as you have the handles on the inside of the car your fine. I THINK

Revels Mum & Sister

As long as when you Test the car there is a method of gettin in Mechanically you will pass.

Drive in with your windows down hence if he reaches in then he can open the door and yes you do drive around with all the windows open!