ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed Mot

Clio
Well as above clio failed me on a few things...

Head lamps aimed to low

Nearside front coil incomplete

centre front subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded

and the to front tires worn but i kinda thought i might need new ones

any ideas on how much thius gonna cost to put right please?

sorry if it is in the wrong place

Thanxs Dom

BMW M135i
Headlamp aiming setting and new set of front springs shouldn't cost too much, but if its rusting around the subframe mount then thats a serious structural problem. Which is strange seeing as Mk2s don't tend to suffer from rot.

Any chance of some pics of the effected area?

Clio
Iam thinking that the head lights have sumthing to do with the fact i hit bambi a few weeks back... i havnt got any pictures as of the moment iam gonna take it up to my local garge tomoro an get them to have a look an try an get sum pics! but last year iu had to have new subframes mounts mad an wled on so iam a bit confussed about that one

Shhh
you aint got auto adjusting headlights on this.?

i had a sh*t load of stuff in the boot for my mot, and they self adjust due to the sensor on the rear axel..

only remembered when he went to adjust it that the boot was full of tools etc.

BMW M135i
Nope he won't you only have self adjusters with xenons. The halogens have an adjuster on the dashboard.

Clio
i have just thought thoue i do have a sub an amp in the boot...should i take it out for the re test maybe? see if they that changes it any?

www.renparts.co.uk
no that won't affect it, they arnet auto adjusting. If you hit something you have probably broke a headlight mount, either you need a new headlight or it needs fixing back in place properly. can't see the part where the subframe bolts in been rotted unless its been in an accident and had some rubbish repairs done.

Clio
Thanxs Fred...bit far away thoue...

Just got back from my local garage...he showed me where the subfamre rusted...said its gonna be about 40-50 quid to get welded..i will try an get some pics when it stops raining... he was quite shocked thoue

bit of topic but there Barry had anice clio in the gararge wondering if it is anyones off here? had a private plate on it jii pp sumthing like that tinted windows an a k'n fillter on it...

Clio
Just got back from the welders! said it isd gonna be £30 + vat (hopfully just pay cash an get round that) the garage rung me and said that with all the work it wil be £197 + tire prices so all in all i think it is gonna cost around about £280-300 is that good?

Thanxs Dom

1.6 focus zetec....
Porbsbly worth lowering it if you haven't already and you've thought about doing it in the future??

Clio
Tire prices + fitting.. welding came in at 35.25 not to bad i thought...i have thought about droping it but iam gonna sell my clio after it is fixed...want a faster car...and the fact iam moving to flordia pretty soonish for school...so iam sorta in 2 minds what i should do ..maybe get an rsi??

Clio
it would have to be a mrk2 i think...or maybe a newish 1.4...have been toying with the idea of a Rangerrover!