ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

once again i have no luck with my clio!

went had service done a week ago, usual service plus they said a rear brake cylinder was leaking and that they needed to replace both. Said ok to that got it back the night and booked it in for today to have cambelt changed and MOT done.

when i got back from the service id noticed the sump was leaking a bit, just the plug not done right. wasnt bothered wait till mot was due then get them to do it.

Today Mot failed - front brake hose split, rear brakes not working correctly, buckled rear alloys.

told them they changed the rear brakes so that can sort that out. but why wasnt any of the other stuff spotted!!!!!!! buckled alloys! i never noticed a rumble when driving plus found out today that masitaly no longer do RPMs in 15s, bugger. getting an alloy place to check them out satuday. Plus they didnt bother doing any other work to it! no cambelt, oil leak, fixing rear brakes. lack of staff....

plus getting visit from insurance people because thursday cos of chav crached into a centre reservation ages ago and has blamed my for not paying attention! - bollox.

rant over.... for now

Mk4 golf gti

unlucky m8 was that Man on wheels I heard that 1 in rainham is sh*t my m8 went to get a service and thet didnt spot sumfin

I think MOTs are the easiest way for SOME garages to have a chance to rip off the customer! I had a MOT on a car once and the examiner said it failed on a bearing in the reaer axle. I asked him how exactly the bearing was tested and he got a strop on.

I then told him he was trying to rip me off after giving me a £400 quote to do the job. I took it that same day to another examiner and told him about it. The car then past easily with no faults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

yeah that the rainham one, i used to go to Mj motors but felt they were screwing me around with the car. its never felt right after they did the driveshaft and gear box mounts. never liked the way the clio has driven after they did the work.

good news though, a alloy wheel place in gillingham can fix the buckled wheel for £27.50 + vat.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Just had mine MOTed yesterday and today while cleaning the car I noticed this MOT window sticker thing on the inside, a bit like a mini tax disc ?

Whats that all about :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 29 March 2003

Just had mine MOTed yesterday and today while cleaning the car I noticed this MOT window sticker thing on the inside, a bit like a mini tax disc ?

Havent seen that one before? Maybe it means Men Only Transport!;)

Only joking Hippychick :Dyou know i dont mean it!

Just think you could drive right over the top of my Robin Reliant Turbo R if you felt like it!! ;)

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

more luck, they thought the car was a 91 cos the private plate, when i said it was a 96 they had to do a retest only to tell me it failed the cat test!

now its booked in for electric test at a seperate place on 8th then back for another mot. hopefulyy will be on the road by the 10th.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

yeah got a mate to (V6 Neil) but he lives near oxford which is way too far. wish hed live closer wouldnt worry about being ripped off all the time!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 29 March 2003

The sticker that has been placed inside your windscreen is a new initiative from the MINISTRY of silly walks (Monty Python)

When an MOT is carried out on your vehicle, the tester has been asked by the Ministry of silly walks to place this sticker in your windscreen as a reminder of when your current MOT runs out.

Its in yer face so you should never again not have a current MOT on yer car!

The MOT station should have asked your permission to place the sticker be fore hand though.

I think its a good idea BTW

Bob RTE

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

lol James i live 5 mins away from Neils garage thats where i got my mot done 2 weeks ago:D

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

i think its a case of free retest cos theyve had it enough times.

it is a 96 (march) just before the change over :cool: