ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FailSport do Le Mans 2011

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
IMG_0707.jpg

Right ho, ladies & gentlemen, welcome to the 1st review of the FailSport Le Mans Tour 2011. I’ll attempt to keep it short & sweet, but will no doubt fail spectacularly, leading to a thread of waffle & bollox like usual.

I won’t include many pictures of the actual race, as quite frankly, my pictures are fairly appalling, & after spending a week with Vish, a £90 Sony camera isn’t really suitable for getting that perfect shot of a 200mph Audi 300m away. So ill leave all the poncy panning/night-time/in-focus stuff to him …

So, after a rather hectic journey down to Dover, caused by the Highways Agency digging up the only main road/motorway into the area, during Le Mans week, we made it onto the ferry with a mere 5 minutes to go. Panic over, we set about buying some silly hats, not sure why, but it seemed the right thing to do at the time:

It’s safe to say, whilst we all looked like n0bs, Tom’s beret was worst.

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04124.jpg
DSC04126.jpg
DSC04125.jpg
DSC04127.jpg
DSC04128.jpg

In France, it seemed appropriate to admire Nick’s A3 and whilst distracting him with tales of woeful understeer & lack of steering feel, draw a huge c0(k on the side of his car. No pics im afraid, but im sure someone will have some.

DSC04129.jpg

Upon arriving in Le Mans, some crazy Dutch had pacrked their huge tent in our space, so after some discussion, ie us shouting & waving our arms around, they got out the way and allowed us to put up our ‘living quarters’. At this point, id like to point out that Mike had drunk 8 pints on the way down, requiring at least 5 pi55 stops. We also found power for our fridge, & got on with stocking it:

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04131.jpg
DSC04132.jpg
DSC04133.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg

Once a few beers had been drunk, we watched qualifying, etc.

Then on the Friday, we did the pit walkabout, where Nick asked who the ‘tw4t in the tartan’ was:

IMG_0681.jpg

We also went & saw the Northeners who were a lovely bunch as normal. In addition, being from the North, they had camped as far away from civilisation as possible, in what appeared to be a huge field. The lack of burger bar upset me tbh. As did the fact that I had had to walk approx. 15 miles from Houx to get to their site.

In the evening, Mad Friday came round, & Tom’s brother Dom turned up, in a Panda Suit, which he donned for the rest of the weekend. James also dressed up as a very confused army man.

IMG_0689.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg

The following day, there was a race on, so we went & watched:

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

DSC04142.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04149.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

DSC04169.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

The Panda took photos:
DSC04172.jpg

As did some people with silly hats:
DSC04173.jpg

Later on, Mike decided to leave his scent on a nearby wall:
DSC04176.jpg

After a long time, the race drew to a close, with Audi winning by only 14 seconds over Peugeot, who if their driver hadn’t binned it, would have won:

DSC04179.jpg

DSC04183.jpg

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04192.jpg

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04195.jpg

Obviously, Audi were miffed that they didn’t achieve a 1,2,3 but rumour has it that they were happy that both their cars crashed due to terminal oversteer rather than the usual understeer of the road cars.

Obviously, we then got drunk again, & went for a Chinese. Later returning to the camp to burn our rubbish, etc:

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Some dodgy looking Asian pushing a trolley:
IMG_0717.jpg

Some dodgy looking Ginger trying to cut down a tree with a spatula:
IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Not even a climb proof fence could keep Mike from escaping for more wire wood:
IMG_0726.jpg

Awesome trip, already planning next year.

;)

Lotus Elise
Awesome guys if not a little tame by our standards ;) Did u guys listen to much of the coverage on Radio Le Mans?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Awesome. I'll get my pics of the race up later along with Jame's **** on Nick's window...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome guys!

Can someone do a left to right of the ferry lounge pictures so I know who the f**k is who apart from the ginger gay Mclaren dude.

330i. E30 Touring.
From the left:

Ollie (Ollie82)
Nick172cup
Vish (our token Asian friend)
Jon (Saner)
Ryan (Couzens)
Tom (@JMS)

Dave's the speccy one. I'm the ginger. James is the yummy camo one.

Epic weekend was epic. Climbing that fence after that many beers is dangerous. Fact.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Me (stupid grin, im much better looking in the flesh honest), Nick172Cup, Vish, Saner (John), Couzens (Ryan), Tom (JMS).

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I claim the genius behind 'Dave on the Throne'. Tom was the snapper but I planted the seed....;)

LOL! Looks like a good trip.

I've met Tampons and Saner. Dave looks how I imagined. The rest, look totally different. Dom and Couzens rival The Boosh for the 'people who are adults but look 10' award lol

Although Saner looks like a German tourist with that backpack on! :D

UR R26

I've met Tampons and Saner. Dave looks how I imagined. The rest, look totally different. Dom and Couzens rival The Boosh for the 'people who are adults but look 10' award lol

Remind me to hide from you at CSS.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Great write up Dave, looks like you guys had a fantastic time :)

I'm going to Le Mans next year but I know I won't get time off work so I'll have to phone in sick!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

unfortunately Tom@JLS took all the 'grown up looking' genes......

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Looks like a such an epic trip, a few mates went and said they had such an awesome weekend i'm hoping to go next year :)

Petrol Blue 182.
Right as everyone took pictures of the same thing, i only have a couple worth putting up that havnt already! I basicaly fail at photography and have a pikey spec lens, so no race shots as the cars are the size of an ants penis.

Just after the Audi smash

P110611_154911.jpg

I basicaly wanked myself into a coma over this.

IMG_0322.jpg

A very tasty looking Audi A1, 500 bhp 4wd I believe.

IMG_0373.jpg

A very gay hat

IMG_0303.jpg

7AM Monday morning, cue the Volvo to help drag it along....

P110613_075931.jpg

and finaly the end photo. a symbol of a fantastic weekend and a whole year till the next time!

P110612_174229.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks like you lot had an awesome time, for some reason I thought dave would look more child'like than he does. The disapointment is too much for me.

Is Tom@JLS ever off his phone though? LOL

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
So after a 5hr coach from rotterdam to calais, a failsport attempt at hitch hiking and an £85, 7hr train journey.. i found myself thrust into mad friday. after sitting on a rock for ages waiting for JMS/Failsport/mike to return from the Gypo camp i finally got a beer....watched Team Aston rebuilding their cars at 4am and were woken at midday by corvettes x 3....

_MG_6496.jpg

Warm up laps...

_MG_6504.jpg

Audi smash/rebuilt fence

_MG_6532.jpg

Audi - 1 of 2...

_MG_6534.jpg

bleeding ears 1 of 3...

_MG_6543.jpg

_MG_6547.jpg

_MG_6557.jpg

James, Dave, John...

_MG_6564.jpg

_MG_6568.jpg

camera went all arty...

_MG_6572.jpg

_MG_6579.jpg

Babies crying 2 of 3...

_MG_6580.jpg

gay pride porka..

_MG_6588.jpg

_MG_6597.jpg

dogs howling 3 of 3

_MG_6605.jpg

in one piece...

_MG_6613.jpg

_MG_6616.jpg

_MG_6626.jpg

_MG_6639.jpg

_MG_6650.jpg

not seen the crash but expect its huge for his injuries...

_MG_6655.jpg

_MG_6657.jpg

_MG_6665.jpg

one of the best sounding LMP's....

_MG_6680.jpg

mikes weekend summed up in a photo.....

_MG_6728.jpg

_MG_6749.jpg

_MG_6768.jpg

_MG_6803.jpg

especially for Budgie.....

_MG_6833.jpg

_MG_6834.jpg

the money shots...

night shots = ballache...
_MG_6879.jpg

_MG_6886.jpg

_MG_6932.jpg

_MG_6932.jpg

_MG_6972.jpg

seems they should've spent more money on making a faster car... rather than paying ferrari drivers to ram the Audis...

_MG_6978.jpg

the skid marks on toms ankles...

museum shots....

_MG_6994.jpg

_MG_6997.jpg

_MG_7020.jpg

_MG_7031.jpg

_MG_7057.jpg

mike went all Bear Grilles on us and short of dragging a tree into the campsite.. returned with wood....

_MG_7059.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

a.. er.. larger lass showing how to put epic strain on a mini moto....

sorry Sir_Dave for bunging the thread up....
and epic weekend/uni closure - got a few of the JMS wagon tearing a tent apart and the fridge that has gained permanent imigration status (that is unless the gypsies in a 'motorway maintenance' Hilux at whom i shouted "you're a bunch of f**king pikeys" at the ferry port haven't half-inched it...) and a couple of shots of the pair of F40's.....

Last edited: