ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fair Value - Ph1 F1's

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
Hi! Wanted to hear people's view on Ph1 Oz values (15 inch). They rarely seem to come up for sale. I am being offered a full set of 4 + 1 spare that have very few marks and still have the original Michelin tyres with decent thread on them (the tyres are not usable anymore but it means that the wheels haven't seen that many miles). What would be a fair price?

monaco 172
Not sure on value but I wouldn't pay over the odds unless you've got a mint phase 1 to put them on, I don't think they were ever that desirable anyway were they? And I seem to remember they are quite heavy and bend very easy

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Not sure on value but I wouldn't pay over the odds unless you've got a mint phase 1 to put them on, I don't think they were ever that desirable anyway were they? And I seem to remember they are quite heavy and bend very easy

defo bend very easily. Guess 250 a set of bare wheels in good nick, less so if chewed up

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
A few pictures:
Screenshot_20201008-083337__01.jpg
Screenshot_20201008-083440__01.jpg
Screenshot_20201008-083317__01.jpg
Screenshot_20201008-083323__01.jpg
Screenshot_20201008-083326__01.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Those wheel weights are an eyesore and will have knackered the finish where they've been banged on.

Why would anyone let someone do that?!

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I paid £200 for 4x refurbished (powder coated) F1s with centre caps. Reasonable price I thought.

Looking at those for 5x, I would personally pay between £200 - £300.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
Those wheel weights are an eyesore and will have knackered the finish where they've been banged on.

Why would anyone let someone do that?!

My original F1 spare had an external weight (Sign of the times), I thought the same but I was lucky removing mine having no damage left!

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’d say you’ll get strong money to someone with a ph1 if they’re the original finish. You say they’re the original tyres too?

I’d not be surprised if someone would pay you £400 easily for them if they’re all original. I wouldn’t but then again I might if I had some original low mileage ph1 and someone had refurbished the wheels. Even to have them sat there maybe.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
They do look like they have had very little use and the external weights would be period correct. With the oe tyres on they would be perfect for a low miles concourse car that hardly ever moves, but who has one of those? A fair price would be whatever you're willing to pay for them, but I expect the seller thinks they are worth more than average due to the original condition and past it tyres.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I’d say you’ll get strong money to someone with a ph1 if they’re the original finish. You say they’re the original tyres too?

I’d not be surprised if someone would pay you £400 easily for them if they’re all original. I wouldn’t but then again I might if I had some original low mileage ph1 and someone had refurbished the wheels. Even to have them sat there maybe.

yeah I'd agree, if original finish, in that condition, £400.

Expected most to be battered, no centre caps or refurbed in non OEM colour by now

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1

I don't think they are the original finish... I have a set in the loft and I am sure the inside has a different shade of paint lined off.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think they are the original finish... I have a set in the loft and I am sure the inside has a different shade of paint lined off.

They do look a bit ‘Halfords wheel silver’ but I thought OP was eluding to them being original. They back pic does look like they’ve been painted with the fade of shades near the mounting face but I’ve zero idea what they should look like. If you know yours are original I’d say you’re the man to trust here.

If they’re original-£400-whatever
If they’re not -£250-£300

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Hi! Wanted to hear people's view on Ph1 Oz values (15 inch). They rarely seem to come up for sale. I am being offered a full set of 4 + 1 spare that have very few marks and still have the original Michelin tyres with decent thread on them (the tyres are not usable anymore but it means that the wheels haven't seen that many miles). What would be a fair price?

What price have you been offered them for?

LOK

ClioSport Club Member
  Trek
He hasn't said yet - I wanted to be prepared to make a fait offer