ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake 182 :S

Chocolate Bar™
joshydee said:
they won't fit. best bet is those ones subway does, which are of a similar shape but are flat at the end. You would need a bodyshop to make the 172 ones fit and its not worth it really. Subway sells them pretty cheap iirc and they are a direct fitment.

as above! couldnt have put it better myself ;)

as for prices:-

-colour coding can cost you anyweher in the region of 150 to about 350/400 quid depending on the quality of the paint job,
-rear bumper will cost anywhere in the region of 60 quid second hand to around 150 quid new, painting will be about another 60 quid on top
- sides, can cost around 100 quid iirc, and again will prob be around 60-100 quid to paint and fit
-172 front grille will be around 40 quid from renault
- oz alloys, generally around the 300 -500 quid mark depending on how lucky you are
- 60mm drop DONT GET SPRINGS. will cost around 250-300 for a kit, 450 for coliovers

www.renparts.co.uk
I definitely recommend getting a full suspension kit. if you not going to be taking it on track days the apex 60mm springs and shocks kit is more than adequate will increase handling and give the car a purposeful look. Im not speaking from experience but i understand that coilovers make the ride very harsh. I payed 80 quid for my side mouldings colour coded which i thought was reasonable.

M2 Competition
Coilovers should make the ride a lot more comfy than springs and shocks josh? the 60mm springs and shocks will rattle his fillings out! lol

www.renparts.co.uk
rex said:
Coilovers should make the ride a lot more comfy than springs and shocks josh? the 60mm springs and shocks will rattle his fillings out! lol

I was under the impression that the ride was harder on coilovers than shocks and springs... maybe thats the route i should be going then. If this is correct i feel a purchase from FK coming on ;)

M2 Competition
Hehe, i had just 60mm shocks and springs on my dynamique, and was way hard.

Ive also run apex -40mm on my cup, and that was a really hard ride also.

Coilies are a much more compliant ride, and dont make the interior rattle either, lol.

Nissan 350Z
LOL.

I dont see the point in this.

The amount you would spend making it look like an RS, would pay for the insurance on a proper one. WTF is the point? And people will only laugh when they burn you off in a Micra.

www.renparts.co.uk
pbirkett said:
LOL.

I dont see the point in this.

The amount you would spend making it look like an RS, would pay for the insurance on a proper one. WTF is the point? And people will only laugh when they burn you off in a Micra.

1. Why do you assume everyone is racing all the time?

2. Your wrong an insurance quote on a 172 was 4000 quid for me.

3. Didn't cost me that much actually as i bought the parts all painted. Probably spent about 1000 quid in total which in the grand scheme of things isn't so much.

proceed?

Chocolate Bar™
joshydee said:
I was under the impression that the ride was harder on coilovers than shocks and springs... maybe thats the route i should be going then. If this is correct i feel a purchase from FK coming on ;)

my fks are really quite comfy, and i'm still fine over humps which is a bonus

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'm having mine lowered on Eibachs today. I also have a set of side skirts I got from Subway waiting to be fitted too. :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
cliobuyer said:
To be honest if you get the rear bumper, colour code and get coilovers on it will look like a Sport model until you get close. You can also get the Sport style sideskirts, there is a dude with a green 1.4(?) which has them and some Cup wheels and it basically looks like a 172 to me!

yo,

80366634-O.jpg

80366635-O.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I LOVE the colour! It looks really fresh, very nice. I wouldn't dare have a green car though, they seem soooo unlucky for me and other family members, odd I know, but true.