ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falling out of love with Clio...

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Everyone who says this, then acts on it, seems to return in due course. Here is a quick list off the top of my head, and is probably the tip of the iceberg;

Luke
Pete
DMallett
Scott
Rob (not returned yet, but when the right ph1 appears - boom).
Sir_Dave (who will be back again, he is a repeat offender).

Unless you have a genuine reason for selling, I'd pay heed to the experience of those above :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Fill up then go hammer some B roads all day. You'll be back in love with it then.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I always say to myself i want something insanely fast that would be the only way i get rid of mine lol

Monaco 172
I feel the same somtimes, especially with my monaco when its dirty but after a good clean and quick blast i realise why i love it :)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Go kick its teeth in
I think i may have to... lol

Bolt on a turbo :clown:
I wish!!:D

Why have you gone off it, mechanical issues, or just plain bored of it?
TBH i think its since i got my ZX7R... thats just crazy fast compared to my clio.

Fill up then go hammer some B roads all day. You'll be back in love with it then.
That sounds like a good idea to me bud :clap:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Clearly not lost traction in it for a while.

Let it tickle the rev-limiter for an hour or so, experience brake fade, smell burning rubber, fill it up twice in a day.

You'll be reet. (Or you've turned gay and need a Peugeot!)

SQ5
I've been on and off for about 5 years now always come back.

Fill it up and drive until you need to fill it up again!

You also need to average less than 30mpg for this test to work.

I've been the same in the past month.

Has been a combination of being bored with other aspects in my life though so just wanted a fresh start which involved selling the Clio...

However, just had a spirited drive back from the GF's... and it put a big smile on my face :) happy again!

Fiesta ST200
Everyone who says this, then acts on it, seems to return in due course. Here is a quick list off the top of my head, and is probably the tip of the iceberg;

Luke
Pete
DMallett
Scott

Unless you have a genuine reason for selling, I'd pay heed to the experience of those above :)

Add me to that list, went from a focus rs and came back.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Luke
Pete
DMallett
Scott

And me. Three times.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'll never get rid of the dog kennel, it's like another pet to me,
plus i've put a lot of money into it over the years so to get my moneys worth I need to keep it for life.

BG 182
I've felt the same twice.

I sold my first 172 to my brother (who still has it lol) and couldn't find anything I liked so bought a 182.

After another 2 years, I felt like you and thought I wanted to change, I sold it cheap and wasted a few grand on different cars before I ended up back with another 182, this time in my favourite colour Blackgold.

I'd of saved myself a lot of money and hassle if I'd of just kept my first 182 and spent a little more on it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I got sorted out with the price too, should have been £1200,
belts, dephaser, alternator plus new alt bracket, water pump, HT leads, coil pack, injectors and finally.......sump gasket.

Needed it though, otherwise it was going to die.

2x 172 cups
Keep it!!
Not got enough value in it to sell, if the weather stays s**t you will not be able to use the kwaka and have a great toy at your disposal;)
My wife has sold hers and i know she will regret it!!!!

172 Track Car
I'm new to Clio's but my friend just sold his 205 GTI MI16 and is looking at 182s or 330i (E46). The prospect of him going RWD was making me properly envious but after a beautiful run down the A507 from the M1 to A1 I am firmly back in love. I was nailing the heel toe changes and was bloody loving every single round about I came across. 4th gear got neglected and 5th didn't even get a look in!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I get this feeling sometimes. It usually ends up with me spending more money though!

Whether it be on fuel, or some new goodies for it to make me love it again.

Usually take it out a run round some B roads and that does the trick :p

BMW E34 540i
You got me thinking lads. Tomo morning I am going to have a look on 2011 1series 118d - with possibility of trading the clio in. I wonder if it actually happens I will miss the Clio.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
you can add me to that list too!! i spend so long building my track car and quite a bit of money on it. 6 months after finishing it and im considering what i would swap it for... maybe 3series BMW or a bike of some kind. For now ive cancelled the insurance policy and garaged it until the summer.

i genuinely think its the winter,
always dirty
never any chance to put your foot down.

it used to be funny how much ive falled in and out of love with mine over years. clean it, polish it and im back in love with it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Go buy a 2.2 6 cylinder 3 series.

You'll think it's the best thing since sliced bread for about 2 months, then one day you'll be driving along and just think "WTF have I done?"

I went and bought a zed, but I imagine I'd have been almost as happy in a Trophy.

Passat
This happened to me.

Had a few things go wrong in the space of a month and just got fed up. Fixed all the problems and bought myself a Trophy. I'd strongly recommend you don't copy my actions.

clio sport ph 1
I don't like mine beacuse it has no comfort what so ever ! It's on coil supsension ,stiff engine mounts , rattle's all the time , noisy exhaust . But when I boot it and all the dickheads in there audi's bmw etc . .......... get a run for there money ........... It makes me smile :D

Im on my 5th clio and 4th RS clio they are like a safe haven for me and a car I always go back to after trying to stray away from them. I want to get another car next year but for what it's worth Im keeping my 182 as well if I can help it.