ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 76?

Listerine & Poledo
Special release edition
730315_ps4_a.png

£175 ?????

Arctic 182
Yeah.... I might need to get that special edition lol!!
I’ve been seeing lots of negative things & moaning on Reddit, and I was almost worried it would be something different but after watching the video I can’t wait! It looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listerine & Poledo
I wont be dropping that kind of money on it. No chance.
Already got a pip-boy that needs eBaying.

It seems to be Fallout, with a co-op option, it's not forced. There's still quests to go on.

I'll be all over it on launch week, no doubt. In fact, can we start a list of Fallout people for co-op?

PSN

Hypermega

XBox Live

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Where’s the best place to pre-order. I went on GAME’s website the other day and they were selling the game for like £70-250 (obviously different versions).

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
haven't preordered yet. XBOX will come before any others, I read somewhere
Have you played it yet? I did for 2 hours on Tuesday night, had some fun. Though I felt a little rushed because of the crew I was running with, I like to take my time and rummage, you never know what you might miss.

Listerine & Poledo
I had a go on Tuesday night, some superb glitches. There's another slot tonight from 6pm.

I didn't really achieve anything, was too busy trying to make things go wrong.

It feels REALLY odd, playing fallout and having random punters in the game. Mind, I've not done MMO's before.

Liking VATS!

Listerine & Poledo
So it's live.
Servers weren't the most robust last night, but it wasn't the complete failure that the naysayers were expecting.

Still can't get my thumbs to work the button layout correctly and keep mainlining stimpaks anytime I was supposed to change weapons, nice.

Listerine & Poledo
It's not faultless by even the longest stretch.

It is just another fallout, yeah, but this time you'll bump into other players.... mostly if you're in the opening area though, as soon as you're off across the map you're unlikely to find another player. Sure, if you camp directly outside of the Vault then yes, it'll be multiplayer forever.

The big difference, in my play at least, is that there is no pause, so as you're going through your pipboy to find the right healing items, you're still getting shot up. Oh, and VATS now works as a kind of auto-aim, which isn't bad.

Listerine & Poledo
Oh sure, it is still a fallout game, you can go through the main quests, side quests etc by yourself and it'd play like Fallout 4, no biggie.

It's just than now you can go multiplayer, doesn't mean you have to.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was going to get this, being a massive fan of the series. I waited since I wanted to finish RDR2 first and from the reviews I'm glad that I did!

It's a £25 punt next year for me. BFV next.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I love Fallout, probably my fav game, but i don't like the thought of permanent online play, i have read if you get mullered a couple of times by the same online player they can't do it over and over? the other thing which started to grate on me a bit in Fallout 4, was the lack of difference in the creatures, same sort of things, Deathclaw, Mutants, Molerats etc, do they have new creatures in 76?

I will probably give it a go at some point, but i fancy Red Dead 2 first.

@Goodj :- I am assume the more people that get the game the more likely you are to bump into online players on a regular basis?

Listerine & Poledo
I love Fallout, probably my fav game, but i don't like the thought of permanent online play, i have read if you get mullered a couple of times by the same online player they can't do it over and over? the other thing which started to grate on me a bit in Fallout 4, was the lack of difference in the creatures, same sort of things, Deathclaw, Mutants, Molerats etc, do they have new creatures in 76?

I will probably give it a go at some point, but i fancy Red Dead 2 first.

@Goodj :- I am assume the more people that get the game the more likely you are to bump into online players on a regular basis?

There are a few more creature types, but remember there's also no human NPC's. Raiders are essentially replaced with "Scorched".

Each game world is limited to a number of players at a time (15-20, something like that) so you shouldn't come across people all the time.

Biggest problem I have found with the game is how enemies spawn. You're walking up to a buildingand BOOM, there's 6 randoms directly in front of you.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Such a shame.

Kinda hoping we end up with Elder Scrolls 6 having basic coop though through all these multiplayer games they are bringing out.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Wasn’t completely amazed by the last Fallout and going by the majority of reviews, I think I’ll dodge this one until it’s dirt cheap next year.

Listerine & Poledo
It sure is getting a solid hiding by reviewers, it was getting that the second the BETA dropped.

Suits me, the less people playing, the less server problems ;)

Wasn’t completely amazed by the last Fallout and going by the majority of reviews, I think I’ll dodge this one until it’s dirt cheap next year.

depending what it is you weren't keen on, the chances are that if you didn't like 4, you wont be remotely bothered with this.

Listerine & Poledo
which was s**t, compared to 2, IIRC.

The only thing Bethesda can do to win here is to release a version of New Vegas, but in an isometric view

Hey @BIFCAIDS, how you getting along with it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I really enjoyed 3/4 despite their flaws. 76 just looks like there's nothing to do but grind pointless s**t, MMO-style.

Listerine & Poledo
I really enjoyed 3/4 despite their flaws. 76 just looks like there's nothing to do but grind pointless s**t, MMO-style.
Herein lies the rub. There's plenty to be getting on with. It's just that instead of an NPC walking up to you and handing it over on a plate, you've got to actually find things. And read / listen to them.
This said, much like 3 and more so 4, there's a lot of "go here, kill this, bring back that" quests.

An example of a random side quest.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
@Goodj erm, it isn't flawless and I hate how it spawns enemies. Its like survival mode but set to medium difficulty. I'm still yet to master crafting and scrapping as that's now different than it was in fallout 4. I am enjoying the game and the environments but I feel sometimes I need a companion... hint hint. I've come across a few little groups of people and I've helped them out but I've not been attacked.

I don't like how each township/major area has an even you just get chucked into. I'd much rather prefer it if I had to click a certain "do not touch" button and then I have to deal with COD Zombie-esk wave style fights. I hate how I can lose a base I worked hard to get, on my own. I also, don't like how you can't pick up your camp, unless you're wanting to move it to a new location. I realise that sounds retarded, but you have to then pay with caps to move the b*****d... why? they're scarce as f**k and have you tried selling anything to a robot vendor? Shotgun VAL 221caps, goes to vendor to sell it... 2caps, are you f**king kidding me? I always expect to get a lower rate than the estimated VAL but not 219 caps out.

They could have had added NPC's to the game, just make them essential characters.

I like it but its got some really s**t bits, I don't get upset about frame rate shite I'm not that much of a nerd and I also think its just a quirk of Fallout lol (who remembers FONV 1 frame per hour).

Listerine & Poledo
Dont sell guns and armour, just scrap them.

The CAMP thing is.......well... it's less of a dick if you set up somewhere out of the way, so that no-one builds over your area when you're logged out, that's what causes your camp to disappear.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Philosophical argument, how bad would a game have to be to be deemed fraudulent? Like this one had a beta and stuff, so not really applicable, but if it hadn't and you lured lots of people into buying through your past work and hype, and then the game was utterly shite, not just like boring but buggy as hell and barely playable, do we just say the customer got duped and that's fair game from the Developer? I know some people on Steam get refunds, but it seems like console gamers just have to suck it up.

If Activision released a COD game without any game footage in advance and it turned out to be a 16-bit arcade shooter, would that be OK? Or say the next Gran Turismo had loads of a footage and looked amazing and then when they release it there's only one race mode of drag racing, or there's only three tracks.

It's an interesting thought about where the line is drawn and who makes the decision that consumers aren't being treated fairly.

Listerine & Poledo
From a PS4 perspective, it's just the same as any of the other Bethesda releases-

Bugs
Random lockups and crashes
Dubious performance.

And I can live with that.

That they made the thing 1/2 price within a week, that does take a really thick, orange piss on the pre-order types, absolutely.