ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've had a few crashes on PC but that turned out to be my GPU failing. I've had another instance of locking up when accessing terminals but this dissappeared after a short while.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I just slaughtered Caesar's Legion. All of them. LOL.

The NCR think I'm a living God now. Everywhere I go they approach me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
tell you what i dont understand caravan in the slighest it just doesn't make sence.

Well, it does. You have 3 rows to put down an x amount of cards to make the number 26.

As said, the easiest way is to choose from your deck plenty of 7's, 9's and 10's (as 7+9+10 = 26). So you'll see loads of cards either flipped or unflipped. You want to flip over all the 7's, 9's and 10's to start with, so you've got them in your final deck. Then select any other cards including face cards afterwards, taking in about 30 cards in total.

Once in the game with this deck, either you or your opponent will put a card down first. Before you put your card down, scroll backwards and forwards through the cards you can see on the bottom right of the screen. If there are any cards in that hand that are not a 7, 9 or 10, remove them using LT (or whatever the button is on your console/PC). When you remove a card, you will get a replacement from the rest of the deck you took into the game. So if the replacement is a 7, 9 or 10, leave it and keep scrolling through the others and removing cards that aren't one of those numbers until you are left with a visible hand of 7's, 9's and 10's. It would be best to have at least 2 of each of those numbers. The following information is on the basis that you have selected at least three 7's in your visible hand :

When you're happy that you have that hand, place down a 7 in the bottom left row. Your opponent will then place a card. Next, place another 7 in the bottom middle row. Finally, place a 7 in the bottom right row.

Once you have your 3 rows filled in with a starter card, put down a 9 in any of those colums, below the 7. It will turn green meaning you can place the card there. After the opponent deals, on your turn, place the other two 9's down on the other 7's, below them again (they will be green).

You will now have three rows of numbers, adding up to 16 in each row (7+9). You need to make 26, so you need a 10 now. As you've selected a deck made up primarily of 7's, 9's and 10's, you should be fine, and have plenty enough to do this (unless you discarded all your 10's, which you shouldn't have done because I told you not to above! ;))

So, pick a 10 and place it below the 9. It will turn green. You now have 26. Do the same in the next row, then the next (if the game goes that far and you haven't won). If you then have three rows of 26, look at your opponents cards (he'll probably have at least one row of 26, hence why the game is still going). Discard any cards in your visible hand until you find a face card (King, Jack, Queen - as I said at the top, select a few face cards as well as the 7's, 9's and 10's which to make up your 30 cards). Once you have this face card, put it on one of your opponents rows where he has 26. This will bust his total and you'll take the game.

Seriously, this works, although it's very long winded, it's easy.

If you're about to play the game, read this while you play :cool:

I just slaughtered Caesar's Legion. All of them. LOL.

The NCR think I'm a living God now. Everywhere I go they approach me.

I was going to do that, I went to the Fort and wasted anything I saw. I thought that would effect the outcome of the game so I didnt. Worth doing then? As I hate the legion, and they hate me too lo!

Golf R32
I reverted back to an old save game so that I could kill Benny for the Platnium Chip last night, well after I had a go at Caravan. In just under an hour I went from 4k caps to about 33k caps which I promptly blew on the Brush Gun, AntiMaterial Rifle and all the ammo and upgrades I could get :) Only pain was the save-load-load trick didn't work (neither stock or caps were replenished) so instead I just used the 'Wait' featured for about 50 odd hours each time so both Nash & Cliff had their caps and stock back up.

Oh yer and in about 2 and half hours play my PS3 crashed twice :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Even if you kill Caesar, you still have to fight at the Dam. The Legion is bigger than just Caesar.

Even if you kill Caesar, you still have to fight at the Dam. The Legion is bigger than just Caesar.

Cool, I'll tear them apart tonight the. Anti-material rifle with AP ammo FTW!

ANd I'm still looking for rich enough people to play caravan against! Once I beat them once, they have peanuts to play with, does it take a while for them to get their caps back?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm heading down to legion town today too.

Smash f**k out of the annoying f*****s than upload all those robots to mkII in Benny's bunker and get ready for the battle.

Octy VRS
What level are people on that have fucked the Legion? I'm getting raped even with Boone. Think I need to level up or get a better gun as they have too much armour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lv22. Combat Armour, Boone, E-DE and a 100% condition AM Rifle.

Even though the NCR love me now, I might f*ck them over and pursue the Yes Man quests now that the road's clear. ;)

<3 this game.

Octy VRS
Ah, level 11 and a Magnum not the best idea then. Think I'll piss off and do some other stuff.

+1 !!!

I think Im addicted lol! I'm level 29, and played 31 hours. Only bought the game Thursday too.

So many choices/decisions to make.

As there are different endings, are people saving a game before they do any of these main quests, then do each one from that saved game?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yes Man shirley!

I'm mates with the NCR and Brotherhood, but i'm allowing the Omerta's, white glove to be ignored by the Yes Man, the Legion and Great Khans however are gonna get it.

i just ran into the legion for the first time in nipon just looted the houses now ive just got onto second floor of the town hall those dogs dont last long against my caravan shotgun

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yes Man shirley!

I'm mates with the NCR and Brotherhood, but i'm allowing the Omerta's, white glove to be ignored by the Yes Man, the Legion and Great Khans however are gonna get it.

Who's Shurley? lol

Think I'm going to f*ck the NCR over later. Yes Man + robot army FTW.

i find boon a liability tbh he just shoots at s**t for no reason

at the ncr prison he just open fires for no reason bringing the entire prison down on me

in nipon when you meet teh legion he just started shooting but i went back to the save and left him round teh corner went to see them again and guess what they didnt attack he is a moron

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i find boon a liability tbh he just shoots at s**t for no reason

at the ncr prison he just open fires for no reason bringing the entire prison down on me

in nipon when you meet teh legion he just started shooting but i went back to the save and left him round teh corner went to see them again and guess what they didnt attack he is a moron

You can tell him not to fire by setting his parameters, talking to him.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
His wife was captured and tortured by Legion. He mentioned at the very start that he'll shoot them on sight.

NCR Prison is Powder Ganger territory, and they f*cking hate you, mostly.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
His wife was captured and tortured by Legion. He mentioned at the very start that he'll shoot them on sight.

That b*tch Jeannie. Why I orta... lead her out to the dinosaur and watch her head fly off.

/Spoiler etc.

they were fine with both of us untill we did teh second quest for them

scutch he was set to be passive but obviously he has to shoot them it seems

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That b*tch Jeannie. Why I orta... lead her out to the dinosaur and watch her head fly off.

/Spoiler etc.

I'm going to start using that whenever I'm pissed off with something.

"FFS Nan, I said one sugar, not two. Follow me, I want you to see something in front of the Dinosaur"

Listerine & Poledo
Just went back to the hidden valley... All the bunkers are destroyed and I can't get in... Wtf!?

they all look that way apart from the one with the BoS actually in it.

the only person who'll bestroy them in their bunker is you, other factions dont get involved because they do not even know BoS are there.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm going to start using that whenever I'm pissed off with something.

"FFS Nan, I said one sugar, not two. Follow me, I want you to see something in front of the Dinosaur"

PMSL. Indeed.

She was sleeping on mine, so I had to get her up and ask her to come outside to the dinosaur.

"Oh no problem, I'll do that straight away." etc.

Silly bint.

I also went to speak to someone in the Hidden Bunker who was sleeping in his bed. He got up, walked around the bed which took around 30 seconds, before telling me, "I'm too busy to talk," before getting back into bed.

Did that another 3 times just out of principle. LOL. Lazy c*nts. I sh*t 'em.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
In the mission later on where you have to defend the President, I found a bomb, so obviously I rushed back to tell the relevant chap.

Because he wasn't standing in the precise, pre-determined area he was supposed to, he told me "Not now, I'm busy"

F*ck you then, TBH. I let the President die. F*cking mong.

Yeah; that's probably a spoiler. Carry on.

President, you say? What now?