ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Famous battery & stop light

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So before i went on holiday the car was flickering with the STOP and battery lights on and off. I was told it would be the alternator so i swapped it for a new one. When it was fitted i still had the lights coming on under hard acceleration. I think the plug wasn't in properly and since i took the plug out and pushed it in it was fine. Went out tonight and at the top of the revs the lights are coming on again. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be. I'm pretty sure the battery is fine and obviously the alternator is new so must be wiring or something right? Its probably going to be quite hard to check continuity on the wire because it goes to the clocks.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I did check and top that up also. I will check rear lights but i did sand back the earths in the boot recently.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Corroded electrics in the rear light clusters can cause this iirc

I think you maybe onto something, got home today and took the rear lights out. The pictures speak for themselves. I did try to clean up the right one, but i think i will just replace and see if this sorts it. If someone can tell me how to de-pin the connector that would be awesome! Someone has messed with the right one before the plug seemed to be glued in and evidence of screwdriver damage and one of the pins possibly melting the plastic. Will be sticking a wanted thread for a complete rear light and see if i can get the connector.

20170615_180831.jpg

20170615_181359.jpg
20170615_180835.jpg
20170615_180841.jpg
20170615_180828.jpg

I think you maybe onto something, got home today and took the rear lights out. The pictures speak for themselves. I did try to clean up the right one, but i think i will just replace and see if this sorts it. If someone can tell me how to de-pin the connector that would be awesome! Someone has messed with the right one before the plug seemed to be glued in and evidence of screwdriver damage and one of the pins possibly melting the plastic. Will be sticking a wanted thread for a complete rear light and see if i can get the connector.

View attachment 190916
View attachment 190917 View attachment 190918 View attachment 190919 View attachment 190920
That looks rodgered

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
While you are at it use some sealant to fix the rubber bung above the light. Water usually gets in through the bung and leaks on to that connector.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
While you are at it use some sealant to fix the rubber bung above the light. Water usually gets in through the bung and leaks on to that connector.

Ta, i will give that ago. I ordered a new board and plug with some loom. So i will update once fitted.