ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fanbelt/Altenator Problem

Rally Cinquecento
Right my cars gone through 2 fanbelts in 2 weeks, it snaps the belt and seems to rip all off the teeth things off almoast and sort of warps the belt. Is this because the altenator is out of line, or anything els?

The engine is a 1.2 Energy.

LY 182
Right my cars gone through 2 fanbelts in 2 weeks, it snaps the belt and seems to rip all off the teeth things off almoast and sort of warps the belt. Is this because the altenator is out of line, or anything els?

The engine is a 1.2 Energy.
is there an oil/coolant leak on to it?
check all the pulleys it runs around and if all are ok and the belt runs true its down to being over/under tensioned.

Rally Cinquecento
is there an oil/coolant leak on to it?
check all the pulleys it runs around and if all are ok and the belt runs true its down to being over/under tensioned.

theres no leaks onto the belt, the only pulley that the fanbelt goes arouns is the cranc (the one of the engine) and the altenator, and iv been checking the tensioning as its new and i just did it the other day, i think it may be, as the engines been in an accident, the altenators been knoced out of line, :eek: , something i shud have cheked i supose!?!

Rally Cinquecento
that would probably mean why its snaping? comeing off and snaging against something, thus snaping it in sutch a bad way?