ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancy some new wax / sealant...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've all but used up my existing supplies of waxes, etc so fancy something new, what do people recommend (ie Rich)?...

I'm going to keep my Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and P21s Carnuba, so it's a decent sealant and wax that'll work well on silver.

Oh, also, Rich can I have a link to my 172 pics on your site mate? Can't find them...

My suggetion would be the xxx hardcore paste wax and the m seal from chemical guys at carwashwnax.com
Both of these produce and excellent finish on silver paint

al

ST on the way...
Steve (L200 Steve) off DW reccomended Einszett 1Z Glanz Wax (I think that was the one) for nicely bringing the flake out on silver :)

106 GTi
Cheers David - I will try the M-tech on my Black Clio and Silver 306 and see how it goes on both colours.

al

ST on the way...
He used the Glanz on mine too, really did make the flake come out!

clio35np1.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers guys, I might give the Glanz a go with EX-P then. What's the Klasse AIO?

Cheers for the link too, reminds me I've got to give the car some serious love again!

Hmmm: May also need to know where I can find the 1Z Glanz!?!

106 GTi
I would use either the Glanz or EX-p no point in both, and top with P21s.

Klasse All in One - bit like AG SRP but has more chemical cleaners and less abrasives worth seeing if Alex at Serious Performance still has any. If not Clean and Shiny sell it I think.

I am using AIO and Optimum Spray Wax on Silver here still at the moment as another combo.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah right, so a better bet is the AIO and Glanz? Would these both be effective after the Glaze, or would that and the AIO be doing the same job as well?

Will get onto Alex in the morning...

Cheers! :)

106 GTi
Most sealants dont take well to glazes, the need clean oil free surfaces to bond to for maximum durability. AIO will remove any glazes used before it leaving squeaky clean paint.

Glazes work better with Carnuba waxes, but there are exceptions, like the new Glaze Alex is starting to sell, have a look at Middos thread about it.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
As mentioned Klasse AIO probably the best 'foundation' product on the market. Cleans away any contamination and lays down a nice protective acrylic coating. Everything sems to go over it really nicely. Another product for flake popping that works well in conjunction with it is the Four Star UPP which leaves a really slick finish very similar to the 1Z Glanz.

I have both the 10oz sizes of the Klasse AIO and 16oz sizes in stock, you can selct which size from the drop down. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/polishing/polish/klasse-all-in-one/p_14.html

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm in the process of ordering the AIO and Glanz if Alex has anymore, if not I think I'll give the EX-P a go. Have also realised I need more applicator pads after my current ones are falling apart in my hands!

Cheers for the help guys, cleanyourcar and R9DCG: apologies for not ordering from you this time, I'm sure I will be soon!

106 GTi
Don't think Alex has ever done the 1Z Glanz Wax Ad. Yo will need to get that from Clean and Shiny.