ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# FAO 172 owners with mitchelin pilots #

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Has anybody received a letter yet from renault telling them that their tyres have been recalled?

My 172 has been in renault Leeds today for the mitchelins taking off and the contis putting on. I only got mine changed because i went down to the garage and asked about the recall. First of all they said they new nothing about it, and said they would have to contact head office and ring me back by the end of last week. Anyway, no phone call, so i rang them. They said that there had been a recall and i should have received a letter. I told them i had not, but they said just come down anyway and well change them over for you.

So back to my original question. Has any body received a letter?

Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 22 January 2004

What exactly is the reason for changing the tyres? Seems stupid to me!!

I see that the new 182 has some brand new tyres exclusive to the car. I hate its wheels, they are far too harsh looking for such a pretty car and they look like cheap wheel trims!
Thought the mk2s were bad but these yuuuuuk.......love that 182s colour though:)...........the tyres on the 182 I think are 205/45s R16s

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Paul Wicks on 22 January 2004

The Guvner do you have a Mk 1 or Mk 2 172, what exactly is wrong with the tyres?
I drive a Mk2 53 plate 172. There has been a recall on the few 172s that were supplied with mitchelin pilots on late 03/new 53 plates. Try doing a search on here about this. It was a topic on here the other week. They are a bad batch of tyres apparently. if you are concerned then get in touch with your local renault dealer with your VIN number and they can run a check on it.

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 22 January 2004
What exactly is the reason for changing the tyres?  Seems stupid to me!!I see that the new 182 has some brand new tyres exclusive to the car.  I hate its wheels, they are far too harsh looking for such a pretty car and they look like cheap wheel trims!http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_homepage_library/dir_1/car_portal_hp_pic_501.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074802610__Yellow182.jpg

be careful girl racer, I dared to suggest that the wheels onthe 182 also looked like CHEAP WHEEL TRIMS, and I got my ass kicked verbally by someone who had just ordered one!! .. and theres me thinking this forum was for people to express their opinions!!

On the subject of the tyres, I had mine done over the new year, reno UK do not know what the problem is, only that they have to change the tyres - so enjoy the freebie!!!!

Leon TDI

I like those 182 alloys.

I really hate the alloys on my mk1 172. They have too many spokes and are a nightmare to clean and look far too cluttered on a small car.

Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by Woof on 23 January 2004

I like those 182 alloys.

I really hate the alloys on my mk1 172. They have too many spokes and are a nightmare to clean and look far too cluttered on a small car.
Yes they are a pain to clean but at least they are in keeping with the racing theme being OZs and not MADE UP designs like the mk2 and new 182!!!