ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: ANY1 WHOS SWAPPED THEIR CUP 4 A 182

so... a 182 is 0-60 6.3 !!! feck me. and a cup is still rapid @ 6.5 ((is that to 62??)).

does the 182 weight more ? its has 10bhp more 182bhp

does the cup weigh less it has 172bhp

does the 172 weight in between the two.. i.e heavier than cup but lighter than 182 ? it has 172bhp...

thats my understanding. Thats soooo cool cos that means if i get another 10bhp ((sportscat + exhaust + panel filter))

... I can do 0-60 in 6.3 !!!!! ohh hang on...... 6.3 was for the heavier 182 so i can expect to hit 6.1-6.2 then from those mods

:eek:

im confused how a 182 can hit 62mph any faster than the Cup ?

a 172 standard hits 60 in 6.9 and 62 in 7.1 so with 10bhp gain 60 must be 6.6 ????? cool now thats 1 hundreth of a second off the 62time at least.. and identical to the cup. just for about £400-£500 of mods or less. No nasty seat belts.

one more thing. The 172 exhuasts are poor.. and i mean really poor. everyone who has seen them who i have been with at the time say things like

"look at what the boyracers done to that clio" bar non.. Renault have suceeded in appealing to boyracers but have robbed some of the subtlety and class from the range without a doubt. I cant belive Knowone cant see this!!!! its just BAD

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Arse (can i call you that? good;))

if you have a search you will see why the 182 could be quicker in a straight line than a cup, in some areas.

if they did launch a 182 cup it would be lighter than the existing cup.

Do not forget the 182 is 20kg lighter than a 182 so if you remove say 89kg you end up with a clio weighing 1001kg, and having 182bhp.(din)

182 exhausts are to fit in with the rs range, i think they look ok but i would prefer nothing.

what car you got Tom? yea i suppose each to their own. but i think a few hidden mods would see equal power from even a 172.

((surley a Cup has more of a special value? 182s are gonna sell to everyman and her dog.. only people who want a more racing feel will have cups))