ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Anyone that has done ph1-ph2 dash conversion.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well I've gone and done it, bought a ph2 dash... Anyone that's carried out the conversion and wouldnt mind helping me with bits, please do.

I'm going to try and make this fully oem with everything working, so any help would be awesome.

My main concern is getting switches such as the door lock/unlock to work as they're a different kind of switch! Also, the illumination guide on here seems a little vague!

I'll also be writing a full guide when I'm done, so hopefully we can see some more ph1.5's about!!!

Iceberg Ph1
Good stuff, from what I remember, you're not bad with the wires, so you may be useful ;-)

I am a tad handy :rasp: In fact I spent a few hours today fixing my wiring under the seats to stop that annoying Stop and Airbag light, seems to be cured! Also gives me an excuse to get back that torque wrench I lent you way back when, need it to do my rear disks fairly soon..

So what you found out about the conversion as of yet?

Jap Box
Your finally getting aroun to doing this then, we were banging on about this sometimes last year I swear, was meant to get on with it myself too but havent had the funds or time to bother buying the new dash and fiddle with the wires. I might get around to installing electric windows at somepoint too, cant be too hard really unless the switch methods are some kind of witchcraft which I wouldnt put past renault.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Couzens did it in his ph1 euro bus, I'm sure he wrote about it in his thread, may be worth a look?

Yeah I spoke to couzens before about it, I want to make mine a little more oem, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. No doubt I'll contact him again at some point though, cheers.

Your finally getting aroun to doing this then, we were banging on about this sometimes last year I swear, was meant to get on with it myself too but havent had the funds or time to bother buying the new dash and fiddle with the wires. I might get around to installing electric windows at somepoint too, cant be too hard really unless the switch methods are some kind of witchcraft which I wouldnt put past renault.

Yeah this has been a long time coming, about a year now, it'll be good to give it a go. Windows are easy. The wires are very simple, very simple indeed, so you could do it. The hardest part is feeding the wire from the car to the door.

Jap Box
Yeah I spoke to couzens before about it, I want to make mine a little more oem, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. No doubt I'll contact him again at some point though, cheers.

Yeah this has been a long time coming, about a year now, it'll be good to give it a go. Windows are easy. The wires are very simple, very simple indeed, so you could do it. The hardest part is feeding the wire from the car to the door.

Seeing as my insurance has plummeted in price this year somehow I can afford to keep the car :rasp: so im either going for the PH2 dash or might just flock the current one. Hmm id have thought getting the wires behind there would have been the easiest part with the doorcard being off, forgot what it looks like though, need to swap mine over next week anyway as ive got new ones on the way and new lock barrels :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
He's gone home to die, or see the missus. Walk-through coming up at some point soon...

Here's a sneak preview ..

NSFW :eek:

226706_10150584472080154_564565153_18932324_7965814_n.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That boys shoe choices never fail to impress me.

Fcuking cross dressing wierdo.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Today's conclusion was a two parter.

1 - dash conversion after a night out Rob style is hard work.

2 - a ph2 to ph1 front end conversion is probably easier. Tune in next week to find out which one wins.....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That boys shoe choices never fail to impress me.

Fcuking cross dressing wierdo.

Love you too.. x

rob how's this going?

im interested to mine as well

I'll be honest, it's f**king hard work. Quite a pain in the ass really. I've got most things working with a few annoying teething problems, but there's not much I seem to be able to do about them.

Hopefully if I can get hold of a few wiring diagrams, I'll be away.

More shoes than his mrs IIRC.

As long as she's got bigger tits, then we're all good.

I would love aph2 dash in my ph1 :(

Don't bother.

Anyway, conclusion, it's a PITA, and I'm not even that chuffed with how it looks at the moment, I need a new dash top I think.

Pictures when I decide I like the stupid thing again.

CLIO PH1 172
lol'd when i saw that picture on FB!

why dont you like it? anything is better than the manky ph1 dash surley? and what cant you get working yet?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't like it because it's all a bit tatty, if it were brand new, I'd probably love it.

Give me a new dash top and I'll be happier. (and I need to fit dash strips).

But problems...

Blower related:
  • I can't get the blowers to blow properly cold (I don't think the ph2 controls pull the wire through far enough to get it all the way to "cold")
  • The dash blowers have little/no power. (windscreen clear and feet and all that jazz is fine, but the ones for your hands/face are lame)
  • AC currently seems dead or at least a bit sketchy (did follow some dude on here's guide to re-wire, but it left a lot of wires blank not connected so I assume that's the issue). (Nice guide, FFS).

Hazzard panel switch:

No buttons on this work yet. Craig tells you can plastic weld the ph1 switches to the back of the panel and the ph2 switches will press them. I have NO idea how this works, but hopefully he'll photograph it for me.

172, Tiguan
I'd thought about doing this as the ph1 dash makes my eyes bleed! Assistance maybe required though, i'm useless with wiring.

chumpmobile
cool man you best get a full guide going! i wanna do it to mine!

i like your trousers also