ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO anyone with BIG sound system

Lionel Richie

Right then, ive now got an in dash screen + PS2 (running off a 12V to 240V converter) and a sub in the boot, my question is can my battery and alternator hack it, or am i gonna have to invest in better items??? say off a 172 or diesel clio???

You should be fine mate as the current draw from those items is pretty low.

If I were you I would wait until you start seeing signs that your battery cant cope before you splash out on more expensive charging methods.

A lot of people purchase split charging systems for the hell of it when really they dont need it.

It also depends on how loud you play your tunes etc. But I reckon unless you were powering more subs youll be okay.

Power up all your stuff and put it a full volume and go for a drive at night. If your headlights dim or flicker then you don;t have enough power.

For the record Im running 3 amps (240w, 600w and 400w), 2 12" subs, playstation, screen, tv tuner, 4 6x9s, 6" front components and soon dvd player and my standard battery is fine.

Hope this helps

Alright Fred?
I had a beasty system in my Dynamique,
Focal Kevlar components all round
FOcal 13 inch Kevlar sub
Digital Radio
A 12 disc changer and
A five channel Genisis amp top of the range chrome one.. and the guys who fitted it said the battery was Ok just about holding it anything else added e.g a playstation and I would have to get another battery>

Lionel Richie

The reason i ask is cos i broke the 12v-240v converter on saturday night (i installed it on saturday day time) it was about a 10months old though

Blimy!

Ive got a Phoenix Gold 300.2 and one JL Audio 12" W3, and my headlamps flicker big time when I turn it up to a quite loud level!

If your head lights flicker that normally means that you should buy a higher cranking battery (optima or maxima) but the altanater is noramlly ok and should only really be uprated if you find yourself going flat. and if you are not running a kilowatt amp or multiple subs then you should be okay.

Luke