ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Christopher!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the amount you spend on a r26 on buying it and tuning it to make it decimate a dc5... now take that amount of money to purchase a dc5 which im guessing is a bit cheaper then spend the difference and the same amount tuning the dc5 and i bet the dc5 takes a s**t on a newspaper and whipes it all over the r26 lol!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
the amount you spend on a r26 on buying it and tuning it to make it decimate a dc5... now take that amount of money to purchase a dc5 which im guessing is a bit cheaper then spend the difference and the same amount tuning the dc5 and i bet the dc5 takes a s**t on a newspaper and whipes it all over the r26 lol!
Low mileage R26 10.5k. £500 stage 2 remap (320lbft). So £11k total.

Wouldnt think so!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Low mileage R26 10.5k. £500 stage 2 remap (320lbft). So £11k total.

9k for a dc5, could go for a cheaper one with more miles its honda after all they will go to the moon and back...

then you have the 1.5k from the extra you would of spent on the r26, and the 500 for the r26 remap... thats 2k to spend on the dc5... u will get exhaust, filters, remap and possibly coilovers for that! guarantee it will still piss over the r26!

9k for a dc5, could go for a cheaper one with more miles its honda after all they will go to the moon and back...

then you have the 1.5k from the extra you would of spent on the r26, and the 500 for the r26 remap... thats 2k to spend on the dc5... u will get exhaust, filters, remap and possibly coilovers for that! guarantee it will still piss over the r26!

Nah, no chance.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

So you could buy a much older Honda, with much higher miles, without warranty. Win.

That lot will cost in excess of £3500.....easy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Or buy a 172 Cup and some silvervisions, then go out Exige scalping? ABS: Pah!

Leaving you a good £6k for manly stuff like chainsaws, logs and cigars.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Seriously though. I love the DC5, i'll defend it until I grow, but a Stage 2 R26 would be faster. In a straight line and on track. That's torque for you.

Simples.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Horses for courses TBH. If you've driven a DC5 and love the raw feel, a Meg would probably feel and look ordinary (as it dissapears over the horizon;)

6.5k redline? Lots of torque?

Might as well buy the dci. ;)

Intend to;

audi.r8.v12tdi.concept.340.jpg

;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Even worse! V12 TDI! Will sound like a Dyson, and have a 12rpm limiter.

Probably comes with a tachograph in the cabin.