ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Clio GTT owners

thinking of getting this conversion done...

wot sort of of insurace am i looking paying please?? or wot r u guys paying

cheers

im 23 no claims and have 3 points... (LC20)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Is yours a 16v? Id ask marcus if so, If its an RT If you can get a quote of Liverpool victoria there would probably be no change as there is only a tiny capacity change of the engine (like .2 litres or something) If yours is a 1.2/RSI then the cost will probably fall somewhere between the cost of insuring a Valver GTT and insuring an RT. (hope that makes sense)

HIC, i got that quote a month or so ago but iv heard disturbing things that they have tightened their belts on insurance so i gotta phone up and confirm but that was with everything declared 170bhp clio. Weren;t 2 bad i thought.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

wud make more sense? surely it wud b faster too, coz more CCs with a turbo is better than less CCs with a turbo????

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 12 June 2004

wud make more sense? surely it wud b faster too, coz more CCs with a turbo is better than less CCs with a turbo????
Cheaper to transplant and tunned a GTT than go though the work of 16V turboing the GTT has all the bits got turboing on the engine already

Turboing the 16V makes for more power simply because its more CC but there a lot of work turning a N/A engine into a turbo one.

I think its about £1.5k plus the cost of the car to drop a GTT inot a Clio assuming its a Mk1 (Mk2 particlarly Mk2 2 are even more difficult).

Then 2k and you would be up around 200hp I think

Turboing the 1.8 is something like 6k but Im not sure plus with a Gtt conversion you can sell the old engien to help with costs.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

surely u cud just buy an R5 turbo and take the bits off that u need? sounds a bit simple ot do that but im guessing its possible...?

tbh tho, i wudnt bother, u can get a pulsar for about 5-11k which will beat the gt5 neday!

I dont honestly see why people think its so much to get the 1.8 trubod. Sure if you pay K-Tec or someone then its alot or if your going for stupid amounts of power then its expensive as your gonna change most of the internals.

When I say too much Im talking 6k, it can be done cheaper but its not exactly gonna be a fiver! lol