ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***FAO cupped 182 owners*** What suspension set up are you running?

Clio 182
As above, what suspension set up are you running and how do you find it suits your needs whether it be fast road, track, or looking slammed etc???

I think this would be a useful thread for us cup owners who are on standard suspension but want to go for an upgrade, to see what other owners have and their opinions, all in one place!

500 Twinair
I agree, the lack of decent coilovers for the cup 182's is quiet shocking.
I am running h&r's and am really impressed by them, close to standard, but handle so well and can be dropped to your liking, they go very low. I wanted the kw's which are very similar to h&r's but cheaper, but not available to the cup 182's

Megane RS 250
I always wondered what are the advantage of the cup chassis once you go with coilovers.

J

jonnytheboy

when i got my cup i put gaz golds on it, looked fantastic but broke my back on the road, sold them to a friend then put back to standard with apex springs, had them on for over 2 years and they suit my driving style very well. Looking for another set of collies but i'm not paying H&R money.

I have modifed a set of 58mm Rokkor collies for my mate to fit a 182 cup (£140 ebay) and they work very well , so i might do the same.

RB 182 cup
im running gaz coilovers, had them over a year with no problems i dont find the ride too bad at all

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Standard dampers with Eibach Sportlines. The car looks little different initially, but I think it takes a while for the 30mm drop to fully settle in.

Looks much nicer without the need to appear 'slammed' imo - and there's always the benefits of being able to pass over speed-bumps without issue.

Never been on track with it, so I can't really judge the difference. But A-road blats are well within my capabilities, anyway. :)

D.

Clio 182 cup
hi guys ive recently bought a 182 cup, i love it. quite shocked how fast they are!!!

I'm looking to buy some coilovers but am looking for some that go very low, anybody know of any that go low?

ASTs

EDIT: That was an general answer to the thread, not you lukey. By the sounds of it, ASTs are exactly what you do NOT want. But I'm not judging.....yet ;)

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Any cup owners care to comment on the handling benefits they felt from coilovers? Duno if people are just geting them for the slammed effect lol.

^ I can safely say Im not in that club, I got my suspension for one reason - to handle on track.
It is a completely different car, turn in is spot on, and it doesnt feel like a big soft barge. I know they are not really like that standard, but compared to what mine is like now, thats what it felt like!

If you want proper suspension, and not just decking your car with no regard to handling, then look into KWs (if they do them for cupped cars, cant remember) ASTs, and some people like H&Rs a lot too, but they are not adjustable.

Megane 225 F1
I think when you put coilovers on a car you need to get them profesionally set up to avoid camber and other such things. These can affect tyre wear badly.

Clio 182
Yeah Will that's exactly what I thought, but are people who are buying 400 pound coilovers spending another 100 quid on getting them set up properly? I can understand if you've spent 1k+ on an immense set up but on the lowest spec ones is it really worth it?

Black Gold Trophy
Got SACHs trophy dampers on mine with eibach sportline springs, don't think I've driven a car with better suspension for fast road