ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO of MK2 FRS Owners!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Montune are releasing their warranty safe exhaust system in cahoots with Milltek.

The exhaust will be different but Milltek will be making them.

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/rsocbb/showthread.php?t=292258

Originally Posted by Dave M@Mountune
Hi all,

Just to give you some data to go on - oh and sorry for the person trying to get hold of me - it's pretty busy here at the moment AND some folk have decided to take a holiday at the moment as well!

Anyway - as it stands at the moment...

Cat-back should be in stock by the end of September.

There will be THREE trim finishes / materials to choose from.

A stainless silver trim with Mountune Performance laser etched on. A ceramic black option with Mountune Performance etched on, and a full Titanium trim option for those that want the ultimate show-off option (and it's lighter of course).

It will be a resonated design as otherwise it will drone and become tiresome very quickly on the RS, and it will feature a single transverse silencer as per our Focus ST setup. Currently it will be manufactured for us by Milltek but will feature some changes over what is currently available from them, in addition to the unique trim options listed above.

One thing that's very important to remember - if you've bought a Milltek exhaust thinking it's warranty-approved as they make other parts for us, I'm afraid it's not - and that goes for anything else you might buy from the same suppliers that we use.

Only our parts (which features our own part number and unique design) actually benefit from any warranty agreement with Ford.

We test our parts, supplied in our configurations and only those bits used in that way can benefit from that arrangement.

Just in case anyone was unsure as I've heard of this quite a few times before.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sarcasm?

I thought it was a pretty good deal. A lot of people won't upgrade their exhaust due to warranty.

Although i've heard the standard exhaust and it's freeking awesome.