ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO ONE'S IN THE KNOW ONLY OF WHATS HOT....

LY 200
.....As im not and dont need any help being persuaded to go for another iphone!

So my contract is up and i am currently waiting for for the 4G but i am also thinking out of the box in that there could be other more than decent options considering im not one for 'apps' (i havnt bought one in the 18 months iv had my my 3g).

So really what is the best phone or the ideal alternative to the iphone or is there really not any?

I have seen good things said about HTC phones (but know very little about them myself) and have read somewhere that theres an all sing and dance Sony either about to hit the streets or already on them!?

My main wants are

-Stylish
-As capable of rocking the internet as the iphone with a similar sized screen
-A capable media player - I need space for at least the 2500(ish) tunes i have on my iphone
-Decent camera
-Be on O2

And anything extras a bonus.

What have we got to choose from?

Cheers

Jay

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got to be the HTC desire Jay if you don't want the 3gs/4g.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Desire/Nexus One

Forget the decent media player, android is s**t at that.

LY 200
Got to be the HTC desire Jay if you don't want the 3gs/4g.

I dont say i dont want the 4G mate but i think i might not nessasarily need it for the fact i only use it for media/phone/internet browising purposes!

Plus a camera thats decent would be nice.

Desire/Nexus One

Forget the decent media player, android is s**t at that.

Whats android mate?

Is the iphone the only decent media playing phone then? Is that what you are saying?

HTC Desire, it's a good Android phone.

But TBH, the iPhone is the best phone, due to it's OS.

OS mate?

I really am an amateur when talking phones. Haha

Audi Q7, Avalanche
do you guys have the droid incredible? 8mpx camera, 1ghz processor.

comes out here on the 22nd.

the iphone is the 'best' generally good at everything phone but its so cliche, think outside the box if you want to be different. I've had one on the day they were released since they came out, i've currently had to swap them under warranty a total of 8 times, so i binned my contract and went google / blackberry. The blackberrys were good but limited mediawise, the eris was great but i went with the Palm Pre Plus which has some very cool features and just looks so different, it does what i need very very well.

LY 200
do you guys have the droid incredible? 8mpx camera, 1ghz processor.

comes out here on the 22nd.

the iphone is the 'best' generally good at everything phone but its so cliche, think outside the box if you want to be different. I've had one on the day they were released since they came out, i've currently had to swap them under warranty a total of 8 times, so i binned my contract and went google / blackberry. The blackberrys were good but limited mediawise, the eris was great but i went with the Palm Pre Plus which has some very cool features and just looks so different, it does what i need very very well.

See my 3g has been fine for 18 months so im thinking as its been good to me to carry on with the Apple product much like i did SE (before there phones got temperamental) and Nokia before that!

Im just getting itchy feet now i know i can upgrade. Haha

nokia 3210!

Still got one on standbye in the cupboard!

LY 200
Sony Experia was the Sony i was on about!

Anyone got one or know how they compare to the iphone?

It seems to have a big enough memory, is 3g compaitble but has a top camera so shouldnt be too different for what i want it for should it?

Are SE phones quite reliable now as i know my last (W910i) wasnt that cracking.

ITB'd MK1
Liquid Yellow has an experia I believe. I'd heard from various shops that they've been just as unreliable as every SE phone. And She confirmed that the other day.

LY 200
Hmmmmm so its really HTC Desire or wait for the 4g then!

Think i will have to go in to a shop and have a look at the HTC.

LY 200
Hmmmmm. that looks quite appealing!

Do we know what sort of memory one of these is likely to have as it doesnt say on there?

172 Cup
Do we know what sort of memory one of these is likely to have as it doesnt say on there?

Memory :

512 MB ROM + 512 MB SDRAM + 2 GB non-user accessible MicroSD for system & applications files only

Storage :

1 user accessible MicroSDTM cardslot (8GB, 16GB & 32GB pre-installed options available)

LY 200
Thanks Griff.

I just had those sneaky little f**kers at the carphone warehouse phone trying to shift a 3gs and 24 month contract!

When i said im waiting for the 4g they reckoned they hadnt had word on its release from Apple and that it was probably out at the end of the year and even then it will be £70 plus to buy!? Hmmmmm so why did the chap in carphone warehouse at 'x location' tell me a few weeks back im best to wait til mid to late June? Haha

What is the deal with peoples upgrades are they having to take up the 24 months if they have been on 18 months prior or is there some negotiation in it?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Memory :

512 MB ROM + 512 MB SDRAM + 2 GB non-user accessible MicroSD for system & applications files only

Storage :

1 user accessible MicroSDTM cardslot (8GB, 16GB & 32GB pre-installed options available)

And 220 grams, its huge....

Thanks Griff.

I just had those sneaky little f**kers at the carphone warehouse phone trying to shift a 3gs and 24 month contract!

When i said im waiting for the 4g they reckoned they hadnt had word on its release from Apple and that it was probably out at the end of the year and even then it will be £70 plus to buy!? Hmmmmm so why did the chap in carphone warehouse at 'x location' tell me a few weeks back im best to wait til mid to late June? Haha

What is the deal with peoples upgrades are they having to take up the 24 months if they have been on 18 months prior or is there some negotiation in it?

They would rather sting you on a 24 month deal so they can get a better commission....