ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Owners of Clio 1.5 DCI

BMW 323i Coupe
Hi. What are your thoughts and experiences with this version?

I have been looking at one, since miles per gallon are pretty decent and tax is also cheap. If it's looked after what sort of mileage would you expect?

Any comments in regards to these are welcome.

172 cup
Hey i've got a clio dci 80 and it's done 112000 miles and still running strong. Sold my 172 cup and changed for the dci as need cheap motoring for work, mine costs £20 a year road tax and about £67 to fill and returns just over 600 miles per tank!! It even drove me and partner to Amsterdam and back last month. Not done any mods to mine completely standard would defo recommend 80 over the 65 just for the extra poke really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was always under the impression the 100 was the one not to have?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
na gearbox is sound, same gearbox used in all mk3 clio non RS cars just takes a few days to get used to, i much prefer it over the JB3 and JC5 used in the 65 and 80/172

172 cup
I test drove a 100 much nicer power delivery but I didn't want to put the extra money in... If you have got the extra cash I do think the 100 would be the best to buy! Out of interest what's your mileage to a tank like with the extra horses yours produces?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had 5 DCI 65's as Company cars and they were driven as such.... Never had an issue with any of them, and they were abused and miss treated from day one.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 100 used to do 60mpg daily when running 130bhp/190lb/ft, cant remember what that was to a tank but it wasnt much off what my old 65 was!!

currently got a DCi 106, its no where near as good on fuel does 50mpg daily driving the same as i drove the 100!

172 cup
Heavier so working harder maybe? I'm not letting my dci 80 go. With the savings i'm getting i'm going to get a weekend car i think. I notice you have a ph1 i'm thinking along the same lines

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah its a tank! thats what i decided on matey was killing me running my old ph2 172 every day so sold it for the dci 100, ran that for a year, was actually great fun for the year i ran it on its own, then bought the ph1 as a toy, then after 2yrs with the 100 ordered the GT DCi

172 cup
It's defo the way my cup was costing me £70 a week on fuel... now getting near on 2 weeks a tank lol can't be beat! They are actually good fun to drive as well and can hold up to some abuse. Yeah thinking of going clio ph1 or saving hard and getting a vx220. Checked autotrader and doesn't really look like they are suffering to badly from depreciation either as everybody wants to downsize these days :D

Mk3 dCi 88
Hello, first post, nice place you've got here.

I needed a 2nd car 18 months ago and worked out the Clio DCI was the one to go for (especially since my wife had all the no claims! ). Managed to pick up a one owner 2001 model with 89k on and it's been excellent. My mechanic says to call him if I ever want to sell so that's always a good sign.

Now on 107k and I reckon it averages well over 60mpg - my record out of a tank is over 800 miles. I'd imagine the turbos can't be working very hard on the 65hp models.

I'd definitely recommend - mine is green and has a radio cassette :dead: practicality over style eh!?

clio 172 cup 03
The missis drives a 86 dci mk3 and she gets 70mpg. I also tow a small caravan with it [40mpg]. It pulls well solo though, but not very "sporty"

Williams 3
Ive got a 2004 80bhp version for daily use. It's not the quickest, but for 600 miles from a tank, I can put up with it.

computer shows 80 miles left in the tank, then the light comes on and it goes blank, does anyone know how much further it's got when the light comes on? computer was saying I'd used 10 gallons?

I was under the impression it was a 10gallon/50l tank?

Don't wanna push my luck too much!

DCi 100
55L tank iirc. Would work out that the last 5 litres would be the red light I guess. Mine also does the 80 miles then blank, furthest I've done on the petrol light is 25 miles.

DCi 100
Filled up on wednesday night from deep inside the red light, didn't look at the litres but it was £60 :(

Williams 3
Paid £69. That was at an expensive station. Didn't wanna risk the drive home, but sounds like it would have been fine to make it. Could have filled up near home and paid 5p a litre less.

Bloody crazy when you think it is just a Clio. No hatchback should cost that much to fill up, ever!

Still, looking at £140 a month instead of £200, so it does work out a bit better

Mk3 dCi 88
I've played that game alot and used another 0.8 gallons after the miles range disappeared, never dared to go further. Never came unstuck.
So with a gallon left it should be possible to go another 60-70.

Probably a bad habit though if there's cr@p at the bottom of the tank getting sucked through :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
love it when people say might be crap at the bottom of the tank that might get sucked through, err so the car sucks the fuel from the top of the tank?

Albi blue 197
ive got a 65bhp one and i love it i went for this over the 80 due to colour but kinda wish i went for 80 for couple of reasons 1. gearbox 2. intercooler allready there 3. injectors and cheaper tax than 65's aswell

Williams 3
80bhp one.

Has a trip computer, I just get a bit paranoid when the light comes on and the range goes blank. Not had the car long, so it's the first time I've used a full tank.

I'll know now for the future that it's got a bit more left in it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i done 45 miles @ 100mph on the fuel light in the 65 and it never ran out lol

DCi 110's are thirsty when driven hard, the 65s just seem to be amazing however u drive them lol

Discounted 1*2 parts
DCI 80 is the one to have IMO.

Ours returns 68mpg on daily driving and 85mpg on a run.

£20 a year road tax.

So far we have covered 95k (6 years old) and 'touch wood' hasn't skipped a beat. We have DCI 80's coming into work with 150k on the clock

Williams 3
DCI 80 is the one to have IMO.

Ours returns 68mpg on daily driving and 85mpg on a run.

:eek:

I can't seem to get mine above 62mpg. Done Bristol to London last week and still couldn't get it any higher, but that was mixed from 70-80mph.

Just had a service aswell, so should be runing nicely.

Discounted 1*2 parts
:eek:

I can't seem to get mine above 62mpg. Done Bristol to London last week and still couldn't get it any higher, but that was mixed from 70-80mph.

Just had a service aswell, so should be runing nicely.

How often do you reset the mpg counter?

If I'm doing a long run I'll stick at 60mph

Williams 3
just reset it every time I fill up.

Yeah, I usualyl stick to 60mph during the week. 'spose it's a bit of the driving round town and usually get stuck in traffic at least once a day.