ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Paul172

Hi mate, after seeing your car on Saturday at the RR day i really liked the little touches you added especially that rear splitter! In fact i liked it so much that i went and bought one today!:D

Hopefully ill be fitting it tomorrow (as im still off work!) so was just wondering if you had any tips on the best way to go about it. Ill definately manage as im not bad as stuff like this, just wondered if you came across any problems. :confused:

I hope you dont mind me pinching your idea but i thought it just finished the rear end off. oooer! :oops:

Thanks again

Kev - Boyo

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I also loved that rear splitter...

Whats it off (normal Clio front one?!) and how much does it cost?

Thinking it would be better if/when I get a zorst as I dont like the tailpipe just sticking out, I prefer them to be in a cutout, but aint hacking up my bumper.

The spiltter is off a normal clio, its the front splitter.

It cost me £25+vat from Renault.

Ive just had a quick look/go at fitting it and its quite difficult getting it to bend properly. Ive cut a couple of V shapes in it to make it bend but i put one in the wrong place :oops:

Im gonna go up to my uncles garage sometime this week and put it on the ramps, itll be much easier then as i was only using a couple of Jacks.

Im not sure how to do the ends once ive cut it down properly, itd be good to see how Paul has done his and i cant find any pictures. I need to know what to do at the end, where the wheel arch is?!

Thanks again

Kev - Boyo

Hi Kev, just make all your royalities payable to me for nicking my ideas ;) i dont mind though lol. What you want to do is offer the spilter upto the car mark the spilter in the middle from both the vents then mark the middle of your bumper down from the number plate light, i held mine in the middle from the back with a pair of mole grips, then worked out over to the sides using a drill and pop rivits, you dont need many as its only light. When you get to the bend cut a V in so its gos round the corner easy, you might have to heat it up with a hair dryer to make it more fexable. you can chop the ends off roughly or just take your back wheels off, to trim the ends off nice and straight i just used a blade. Its upto you if you cut the ends striaght or cut them with a bend i done mine striaght. i havnt got no picturs now, i lost them all when my computer went down. Good luck itll be worth it when its done. Paul

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Does look mint though Paul, I was commenting on it when you rolled up...

Thanks mate, ive got it screwed on now but just wondering what to do with the ends. Just one little thing is annoying me, where ive put the v shape it seems to drop a little bit but the rest is flush to the bumper. Im gonna have another look tomorrow and deicide what to do at the ends.

Thanks for both your advice and letting me pinch your ideas :oops:

Ill get some pictures once its done

Kev - Boyo

ps Just gonna decide on a splitter for the front because im not paying £120 for the Cup one! And im not going to use one from an Espace, dont wanna pinch all your ideas ;)

Kev just use the Espace one it looks better than the Cup one as ive already had one of them on, and im sure the Espace one is cheaper than the Cup.

Hmmm youve got me thinking now because i like that Espace splitter.

Did it fit straight on or does it just need a bit of modifying again?

JAY172 has just offered me a CUP splitter for £65.

Ill prob be back at renault again tomorrow getting an Espace one hehe

Thanks for the picture, youre car looks smart and is well looked after. Wish i could wash mine as good as yours was on Saturday! I got mine supaguarded because i thought id get a bit lazy washing it, ill have to get into a routine every week :oops:

Dont worry about the power loss, it was obviously from the exhaust and tbh i felt sorry for you because it looks awesome. Cant wait till summer when you put the wheels and splitter back on so i can see it in the flesh :D

Thanks for the advice

Kev

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d