ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO people who have that annoying rattle in the back (MK2)

Civic Type-R
Such a nice day today so decided I would find out where that really annoying rattle from the back of the car was coming from. Took everything out the back, seats, wheel, all the plastic trim etc. My bro sat in the boot as I drove along my nice bumpy road :) Finally found that it was the boot lock making all the noise. Its actually the part that is attached to the car not the boot that was rattling.

So what I did was unbolt it slightly (only 1 bolt holds it down) then shut the boot so that it was attached to the boot lock. Then I got in the boot with my bro and I pulled the lock so that the boot was shut as much as it could then my bro tightened the bolt again. Drove up the road and it was gone :approve:

Was a really loud rattle and could be what some of you are hearing. Just thought I would let you know incase yours is the same :)

Cheers.

Chocolate Bar™
im waiting for ant to come and post on here, as he only posted about this the other day lol

M

mij29

mine dose that too, i thought it was that cause it did it on my R19 16v.
Just isn't loud enough to bother with yet but i'm sure it will!!!!

Rattles are installed at the Renaultsport factory in Dieppe.

I though you knew this :S

my old 5 gt turbo had exact same problem
i have a rattle in the back but thought it was coming from the drivers side until reading this - it only does it on really rough roads though - same rattle??

Lots of Alfas
Day said:
Rattles are installed at the Renaultsport factory in Dieppe.

I though you knew this :S

You mean extra rattles :clown: .

Another common problem Ive found is the rear headrests jiggle around and make a rattle noise, try wrapping the posts in a bit of black electrical tape to make them tight to stop them moving around.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
it seems clios some with rattles as standard, extra rattles and creaks are a factory option someting the previos owner of mine seemes to have opted for

Civic Type-R
timsclio172 said:
my old 5 gt turbo had exact same problem
i have a rattle in the back but thought it was coming from the drivers side until reading this - it only does it on really rough roads though - same rattle??

Mine was actually rattling on pretty much any bump lol. Was doing my head in! Was only after I took literally everything out of the back that I found it. Hope you guys find its the same problem :)

Ive also put some dynamat on other things like the middle seatbelt holder at the top and also around the rear speaker grilles to stop them vibrating. Am pretty much rattle free now :approve: