ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Roamer and BobRTE

hiya guys (and anyone else who is checkin this out!)

just wonderin if u coulf help me out with some aftermarket seat fitting information...Im lookin at getting some Konig bucket seats for my 2003 (which was probably made in 2002) clio 1.4 16v dynamic. I have driver + passanger airbag, seat belt warnin buzzer/blipper and airbags in the side of the current seats

I wipped out the passinger seat the other day to have a quick look and the wiring situation underneath the seat and there are loads of wires going into it...there was a plug attached to the underside of the seat which I unplugged (to no effect) however lookin at the wiring that didnt seem to disconnect the seat from the car as the wiring seems to be double backed into itself if u understand wot I mean.

worryingly there also seems to be two wires that dont seem to have a plug of any sort...they have heat strink on the connections and then dissapear under the carpet...is there a plug on these or do I have to cut them...

could u if possible (and this would be greatly appreciated) provide me with a instructions on what wires would needed to be cut / rejoined / removed ect to completely remove the seat and obviously re-fit the konig seat and to make sure the airbag system still thinks the orginal seat is still there?

thanks guys,

David

Ok, as far as I know, there should be 3 sets of wires going to the seat, one for the side airbag, one for the seatbelt pre-tensioner and one for the "person in the seat" pressure sensor, I guess if one of the looks to be hard wired itll be the pressure sensor (Cant say as Ive looked at that yet), so Id say with that just cut and tape them (there should be only two wires if its a pressure sensor I recon)

Now on the subject of getting the seats out and making sure the airbad system still deploys the dashboard ones, its a matter of terminatiing the connections correctly, now the tollerances are slightly different for the airbag as opposed to the pre-tensioner, but they are around about 1.8 - 4 ohm resistance, so all that is needed if to make up a dummy load plug to take the place of the seat wiring and hay presto, no airbag warning lights etc, now Ive got the piece of paper with exact tollerances in the car, but Im going away to work on the TBs tomorrow, so itll be tomorrow night at the earliest before I can post it up, so maybe someone else on hear can get the info off the renault system? BobRTE or CB1A?

thanks roamer...thats a good start...I think we should put this together as a tutorial or something....lets be honest the saxo boys are big cos they put all their how to stuff on the net and they get out there and do it....but more to the point...

if u could get the exact figures and roughly talk me through the dummy plug itd be great

cheers