ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Valver owners

R.I.P 182

How much are you paying for your insurance? And how old are you? Been doing a few quotes online and just wondered the difference of my quote to any of yours (obvioiusly mine is quite high), as im considering getting a valver (or an RT and modding it to look like one lol)..

Cheers!

Clio 1.8 16v

Im 19 paying £1100. 1 years NCB, CAT1 alarm, and everything declared. (exhaust, induction kit, suspension kit, wheels, £1000 sound system(only covered for £250 tho, etc)

Good luck with the price!!!

How old are you? NCB etc.

Obviously being a girl should be an advantage

Im paying 476 with HIC with all mods declared

21, 3yrs NCB.

R.I.P 182

bloody hell.. nice and cheap Clart!! Theyre wanting 1200 for a standard valver with my mum as a 2nd driver, me named (she would drive it every so often).. That not too bad i guess?? Ive got no NCB and im 17.. That was with Elephant..

Just had a quote for a 1.4 and its £700. lol..

silver valver/hybrid

i paid £760

fully comp, protected no claims

exhaust, filter, chip, brakes declared

+ breakdown cover

24 with 7 years no claims, band D postcode

R.I.P 182

oi simon.. lol.. i love James valver (with its willy lump).. nice and nippy.. and i love the look. id get an RT but then id have to mod the bumper, skirts, arches, etc etc, lol.. :(

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

21 just renewed it with 1 years ncb, £850, with admiral

my sp30 added £178!!! boooo

21 just renewed aswell with 4 years ncb, £440 with admiral tpft - i dont wanna know how much my sp30 added!!

Tom - did you add your parents as named drivers? Lowers mine alot!

Quote: Originally posted by LadySubstanze on 13 June 2005
bloody hell.. nice and cheap Clart!! Theyre wanting 1200 for a standard valver with my mum as a 2nd driver, me named (she would drive it every so often).. That not too bad i guess?? Ive got no NCB and im 17.. That was with Elephant..Just had a quote for a 1.4 and its £700. lol..

add a second female person also like an aunt older sis etc. doesnt matter who itll just make it go even lower!

im 24 n my renewal was £997 FC with all mods declared, thats with performance direct but cover is with highway. changed it from elephant even tho they were cheaper but wldnt cover all the mods, also have 2 yrs NCB

mine was £994 FC with 2 yrs NCB, thats with performance direct n cover is with highway, changed from elephant cos they cldnt cover all the mods, all mods r declared but added on to it over last few months so prob bit higher now. im 24 too

BMW M3 - For Sale!

ive just turned 19 and im paying £1600 TPFT with Adrian Flux

my car is an RT with a 2.0 willy engine, autobox, tints, alloys, lowered, exhaust, valver spoiler, valver front wings, valver front bumper and a valver bonnet.

ladysubstance.. when are you looking to buy one? im going to be selling my 1.2 soon (i think) that looks like a valver

Noooo, buy a valver straight off!

By the time youve modded a lower model to make it look and handle better, you may as well have paid the insurance and had a standard quicker one! :p

My renewal is looking to be about £650 (I hope), with sounds, wheels, exhaust, brakes and body mods declared, 7 years NCB, fully comp and protected. (With Admiral)

don't

i know youve added your mum but also try adding a 2nd older woman to the policy aswell

should bring it down further if they have full no claims, doesnt even have to be a relative

my mum cant drive so i used to women i work with, brought it down a fair bit, more so when i added the 2nd one on, office jobs also seem to help rather than some others!

give it a try and see if it makes a difference

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Quote: Originally posted by BradRT on 14 June 2005

ive just turned 19 and im paying £1600 TPFT with Adrian Flux

my car is an RT with a 2.0 willy engine, autobox, tints, alloys, lowered, exhaust, valver spoiler, valver front wings, valver front bumper and a valver bonnet.

wtf. automatic? why would u want that

yeh my mum drops me a good few hundred.. shes got 30 years NCB!! :O (if you can get that lol)

yup now add someone else too

Im paying 840 with admiral 10 month bonus accelerator

19yrs old 1yrs ncb

lowered, induction kit, exhaust, interior changes and alloys

all declared

Putting mum and dad on saved me over £50

ELEPHANT were cheaper but cancelled my policy after not sending in bank debit authorisation from mums card. Then on holiday while all letters were sent

£590 odds. 21 with 4yrs no claims.

mods declared: full kit, uprated brakes, k-tec manifold and exhaust, wheels, suspension and filter.

was paying £1600 when i was 18 though!!

clio 16v

about 1100 quid. im 23, and its my first car! thats with nothing declared tho.... will sort that out when renewal time comes around!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I was paying £550 TPFT and had 1 years no claims (which then went to 2)

I pay 1k for the 182.... and almost 21 with 3 years no claims, roll on september hehe

(i paid more for my insurance on my 172)

TT 225

£301 fully comp, me and the other half on the policy, 5 yrs ncb. Even with 0 ncb its £520 fully comp. Im 25 tho.

With Admiral

How much are you paying for your insurance? And how old are you? Been doing a few quotes online and just wondered the difference of my quote to any of yours (obvioiusly mine is quite high), as im considering getting a valver (or an RT and modding it to look like one lol)..

Cheers!

I have 2 valvers and an RSi for sale so if your looking for a car let me know?

Insurance is cheap for me but then I am 35.

;)

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly on 21 June 2005
£301 fully comp, me and the other half on the policy, 5 yrs ncb. Even with 0 ncb its £520 fully comp. Im 25 tho.With Admiral

b**ch!;)

Costs me £510 with 6yrs NCB, 1 no fault claim, 3points and 27yrs old!