ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Valver/Williams Drivers

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 06 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_Bus on 06 January 2005

I am currently making 3 more of these kits see part below, if you interested pm me for a price a

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098294347__viper3.jpg

looks pretty restrictive tbh mate
the diameter if the round pice is 60mm slightly larger than the standard adaptor also if you look into you throttle bodie you will see the top area is closed off. I did run tests - comparing this with the K&N and the improvements where good - (however i cannot prove this)

dont forget the air will be FORCED into the unit to and during these winter month my car is running superb! also its sounds mint when you boot it --

williams and trophy

top area of wot closed off??

the narrow part of the throttle body houses another butterfly...the 2nd coming if u will lol

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

BMC CDA as car came with a K&N and didnt like the hot air it sucked in. Had it like this for ages whoch means I should probably clean the filter.

Got a K&N IK, coz it came with the car. Didnt get the standard airbox with it.

It does sound fantastic at full throttle, much nicer than an exhaust IMO, but it does lose a LOT of power over the summer months/hot weather. It just doesnt pull as hard and respond as much as it does during the cold winter months.

German Barge

i have swapped 3 times between a standard air box, and a green cotton ik with heat shield, and cold air feed AND NOTICEABLY THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE WHAT SO EVER!!! apart from it sounds sh*t hot...

besides...in this weather it is colder anyway, so come summer ill put the original back on with the panel filter, as it is a bit mad when temps get high.

Naples 16v

So am I right in saying from all of this, original airbox with say K&N replacement filter is probably the best and near cheapest option. Has anyone heard of recharging K&Ns with WD40? sounds bad yeah, thats what I thought but my bros mate does it! Is there anything else apart from K&Ns own filter oil?

BMW 320d Sport

Best bet on a valver or Williams is to use the standard airbox which is actually a very good design (think about it: is there any way that you can see of physically fitting a bigger box in there or getting it any closer to the throttle body?)

Just stick any aftermarket filter element in there and thats it.