ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ’s!

Hi Chaps and chapeses ;)

Ive just joined the site and its very civilised :eek: I like it!

Im thinking about getting a clio as a track car but need some advice. Is there a FAQ that I can check out? I need to know the history of the recent quick models, with strengths and weaknesses please? Also any other useful forums and decent tuners?

Me? Well I currently have a Scoob, which Ill keep too: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/FloydM/Tavia2020Floyds20cars.jpg

Cheers

F

[Edited by Floyd on 03 November 2004 at 12:50pm]

Get to FAQ?

Just kidding mate, welcome to the club.

Try doing a search of the items you want to find out about, it has usually been covered before, from fitting silvervisions to 172s spontaneouslly (sp) combusting.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Hiya Floyd :cool:

Us lot civilised - mustve been a quiet day for Loony and Pete then! ;)

172, Tiguan

Hello Floyd,

does indeed look like thr Nurburgring!

Your best bet for the info you want is to use the search facility. Strengths and weaknesses have been discussed many times!

Jon

OOOOKKKKKAAAAYYYY!

Right then, I could do the search thang but thats just so booooring - yawn;) I just want a story... It started with the Williams, which had a 2.0l engine and was limited edition until renault got greedy and did a version 2 etc:D Surely theres something like that or a difinitive lineage???

Or you must have a resident geek who is really anal about all things renault;)

Come on gang, help the Floyd droid out!

F

PS yes that is mecca! You aint lived until youve driven the best track in the godamn world!

Quote: Originally posted by Floyd on 03 November 2004

Right then, I could do the search thang but thats just so booooring - yawn;) I just want a story... It started with the Williams, which had a 2.0l engine and was limited edition until renault got greedy and did a version 2 etc:D Surely theres something like that or a difinitive lineage???
Or you must have a resident geek who is really anal about all things renault;)
3 Williams versions were made in total, only the first lot have a numbered plate on them.

Try here though for more differences etc.

http://www.daz-uk.com/http://www.daz-uk.com/

theres plenty of resident geeks on here.
what clio are you looking for to track day, a 16v/willy or a 172/cup ? probably be a good start to give people an idea on what to advise you on be it mods to do or things to look out for when buying these particular models

Clio 1.8 16v

Cups are Quicker.

*runs*

1.8 16v

2.0 16v (williams 1-3)

MK1 172

MK1 3.0 V6

172 Cup

MK2 3.0 V6

182 Cup

Williams - the most fun to drive on the roads IMO

172 Cup - my current choice of track cars. You can get one for 8000 spend a few grand on it, and you have a chariot to rival most things on the road.

2.0 conversion to a 1.8 16v is also a good idea.

plenty of clio cup racers floating about at the moment (mk1 clio 16v, not the 172 cup racers)

hope this helps.

Champagne?

Ah ha, thats the ticket Champ agne! Top jobbie.

Could do with adding some suspension differences/brakes extra.

Im looking for a Cup based track car but need to work out the best engine for power and reliability as well as upgrade options.

F

suspension wise go for coilovers, i had H&Rs on my 172 and Dansta and chris172cup currently have them on their cups and i can vouch for them being spot on. brakes are good as standard so just some competition pads such as pagids should be all you need reall.

engine work there are numerous different routes you can take the best people will be BenR and andy at GDI/angelworks or hillpower about doing engine work such as induction kits exhaust cams head and manifold work and piggyback ecu and rolling road set up. or you could go the route of throttle bodies if you have a fair bit of cash to spare.

Hillpower eh? Interesting, got links for these chaps? I like the coilover idea as well as throttle bodies hmmm delicious

F

<A onclick="javascript:eek:penWin(IE_emoticons_smilies.asp,smilies,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=400,height=400)">

http://www.hillpower.co.uk/

but tbh id PM BenR of GDI hes online most evenings and will be more than happy to talk about various different routes/extents of tuning to get what you want out of the car dependant on cash/purpose and power you want to acheive

Doh, you guys! Just found the FAQs on the home site. Why no one tell me this eh?;)

Anyway, think Im just about fully up to speed now. Just gotta buy it now...

F