ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ Detailing?

I have started to get really into taking time to clean my car and make sure it looks good.

So as I am new what products should i get for a good decent clean?

Something for the wheels, tar removal, shampoo, wax etc etc. I am know off the two bucket method so just the products would be good.

Also does anyone recommend getting a hand sprayer?

Jay.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is some cracking guides on Detailing world and Polished bliss website.

If you can't find what you're looking for on either of those 2 websites you're looking in the wrong places.

Laguna Estate
May not be considered the best by all, but here is what I mainly use:

Wheels: ValetPro Bilberry
Tar and Glue remover: Autosmart Tardis
Exterior Trim: Autosmart Trim Ultra
Shampoo: Zymol Auto Wash
Glass: Auto Glym Fast Glass
Clay: Bilt hamber with home made lube
Wax: Zymol Titanium
Cleanser: Zymol HD Cleanse
Tyres: ValetPro Tyre Dressing
Metal: Autosol

Cant think of anything else lol

Cheers just what i was after peoples view on the best products, dont want to go to a website and then realise when its too late i bought the worst product.lol.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Theres no such thing as a best product as its mostly down to personal perference and your car. But it is nice to know what other people are using and there reviews on them. Av just came into the detailing world my self and i ethier bought a product which i was recommended or a cheaper alternative which has good reviews. I think as newbee it isnt the best thing to go out and splash loads on products as you wont know the difference between a cheaper alternative. So heres my list which i hope will help.

Snow foam lance
Super snow foam
Zaino Z-7 shampoo
Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt
Kent noodle mitt x4 - only £1 at asda they have good reviews too.
Kent glass cloth.
Waffle weave drying towel
SRP
LakeCountry hand polishing pad
Poorboy's White Diamond Glaze
Poorboy's Natty's White Paste Wax
Poorboy's Quick Detailer Plus
Meguiar's Microfibre Applicator Pad
Meguiar's Foam Applicator Pad
Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel x2
Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels x2
Autoglym tar remover
Autoglym glass polish
Autoglym fast glass
Gtechniq G1 & G4
Bilt hamber clay bar
Zaino Z-16
No make microfibres x10

Heres some website av used.

Cleanyourcar.co.uk - you earn points for your orders, i got like £4 worth for a £94 order.

Polishedbliss.co.uk - currently have free delivery till the 30th of this month.

I4detailing.co.uk - you can get 7.5% with your discount code.

Waxamono.co.uk

In all i think my collection has came between £200-£250.

Hope this helps.

nice one right then best start making a collection. bit by bit i can't give a good enough excuse to the missus for £200-£250 on cleaning products unless they help in the kitchen.lol.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Halfords are ok for pressure washers they seem to be on offer alot there own brand is reduced down to £35 from £80 and sure what its like al let you do the researching as thts what alot of detailing is about.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_782885_langId_-1_categoryId_165671
Cant go wrong on promotion for £40, brilliant starting place, brilliant products, handy bag and very good products.
+ you can go and buy it now and not wait 6 weeks for postman pat.

This is a good start would recommend that some wax applicators and microfibres and youll have your self a nice start.

This is the one i was blabbing on about http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_372861_langId_-1_categoryId_165689#dtab

Last edited:
  Laguna Estate
I am in Bromborough and am quite happy for you to pop round and try any of my products before you rush into buying

Mini Cooper S
I'd personally buy the Duragloss shampoo. Better value for money and a very good shampoo.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
That seems ok i would recommend Autoglyms SRP and some sort of wax kit to seal it all.

JD will give you better choice. But i dont see problem with autoglym kit and a wax

I am in Bromborough and am quite happy for you to pop round and try any of my products before you rush into buying

Cheers mate, where abouts? i work by Capenhurst train station.

My friend works in Halfords so going to drop him a text see how mcuh he can get the autoglym set for. Thanks for the responses though.

MK2 Clio
Cheers mate, where abouts? i work by Capenhurst train station.

My friend works in Halfords so going to drop him a text see how mcuh he can get the autoglym set for. Thanks for the responses though.

If he works in the bike section he'll get 10-15, if he works in the auto section he gets 15-25 but then thats against full price not online price which is only 40 ;)

Just went to ASDA gt fgor Kent mitt's, alloy brush, flexi blade & a tool box to keep all my bits in.

All the kent bits where a £1 each bargain.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Just went to ASDA gt fgor Kent mitt's, alloy brush, flexi blade & a tool box to keep all my bits in.

Glad i could help :) they really are a bargin i couldnt help my self picking more up. My arse h0le was twitching when walking past the security guard felt like i robbed the shop.

Buckets were 97p too.

Laguna Estate
Glad i could help :) they really are a bargin i couldnt help my self picking more up. My arse h0le was twitching when walking past the security guard felt like i robbed the shop.

Buckets were 97p too.

Lmao and thats without a vindaloo? ;)

Haha yeah i am getting excited now aqt using all my new products.lol.

Thgis is what i ended up buying along with my asda bits:-

I4D Uber Blue Drying Towel 24" x 36"
Valet PRO Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner 1L
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover
Dodo Juice 'Born to be Mild' Shampoo 250ml
I4D Synthetic Wool Wash Mitt
Smartwax Smartwax

Not a bad place to start when i start getting into the swing of things i will then start to add clays, paint seals, etc.

I seen the buckets but i only went in with a basket came out with my hands full. My GF ended up a mitt and a toolbox aswell, Shes has a horse so she's into grooming.

Laguna Estate
One word of advice, keep the Bilberry indoors, it seems to freeze easily if left in a shed/ garage. However, because its dilutable, just mix it with hot water and its not a problem

Ok cheers mate, also I would like to add my GF is not a horse.lol. stupid predictive text. She has a horse.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Buy a chemical head and a bottle pritty sure you will be able to dilute your bilberry.

I have started to get really into taking time to clean my car and make sure it looks good.

So as I am new what products should i get for a good decent clean?

Something for the wheels, tar removal, shampoo, wax etc etc. I am know off the two bucket method so just the products would be good.

Also does anyone recommend getting a hand sprayer?

Jay.

Jay, the products you asked for;

Wheels - Bilberry if they need a decent clean, then clay, polish, protect with Poorboys Wheel Sealant.
Tar - AutoSmart Tardis
Shampoo - DODO Born to be Mild
Wax - what's your budget?

See below.

Ditch the flexy blade.

I agree.

Personally I agree, but a lot of people swear by them, you just have to be careful and wipe the blade after every pass

What happens if a piece of dirt falls onto your paintwork while drying? Ditch it :)

Id rather use a f**king brillo pad!!!

You have IIRC? x

Buy a chemical head and a bottle pritty sure you will be able to dilute your bilberry.

You can indeed.

Cheers JD flexi blade ditched missus can have it for her horse.

Also looks like I bought the right stuff, except the tardis which gets rave reviews when I run out of autoglym I will get some and test the difference.

The difference is night and day in terms of speed buddy. The Autoglym ITR works just fine and does what it's supposed to - but it takes its time.