ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Listerine & Poledo
just got a copy for this yesterday (£18, couldn't complain).

To settle in gently, I took Easy.

And, lo, even with a spin after nudging webber, I go from 18th on the grid to 5th at the flag... in my HRT.

Gonna have to ramp up the difficulty methinks

Goliath I
Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long
Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend

Suffered the tyres issue a few times and it skipped a race session once

RS Clio 182
Wait until the end of the season mate, I ended up with 38 points in my 1st season with Lotus and got offers from Virgin and HRT. But after Brazil I got an offer from Force India.

F*cks sake,i finished my first season in the Lotus on a whopping 63 pts,just 1 behind Schumacher - and no offers from higher teams!! So ive had to accept Virgin's offer for the 2nd season lol....i got a solid 10th place in Melbourne first race,so thats looking promising to say i did much worse last season - you can definatly tell the difference between the cars.

Nothing at the mo :(
Ive traded mine in.. got 1000gs on it now so no reason to keep it especially with the 11-11 for online gaming just makes it pointless

Golf R/Leon FR
Patches have been finished and should be out very soon. Really enjoying my second season with FI. Came 1st at Canada, 2nd at Valencia just up to Silverstone now. Sitting 5th in the championship 5 points off Webber in the lead. The Renaults are really fast in the second seaon. Petrov has been winning a few races.

RS Clio 182
I just got my very first win in my career - in just my 2nd race in the Virgin at Malaysia! God knows where my pace came from,i stormed to the pole and then was in the lead for most of the race - does anyone know if the car youre driving improves every season and not just the AI teams? I never had this pace in the same class of car that the Lotus is hehe - unless ive dramatically improved at the game...

Vettell took the first championship by a long way - but now Webber is the one in the lead,by about 40 pts already...with me in 2nd. ;)

RS Clio 182
What difficulty setting you playing it on?

Intermediate,same as last season - but i was nowhere near the top 10, let alone pole in the 1st season in Malaysia...i feel i can chuck the Virgin about a lot more than the Lotus,a lot more tidy to drive imo....i'll see what China brings hehe,i normally struggle there aswell..

Golf R/Leon FR
I'd put it on professional setting much more realistic. I'm changing mine to Legend as its getting too easy now.

Goliath I
Halfway through the first season with Lotus. Changed the difficulty from Intermediette to professional after 3 races as I was finishing 7th+

For some reason though my team to think Im some kind of speed demon and setting me targets of 8th etc... Struggling in quallifying to get into the second session! lol

Kawasaki ER6N
All about qualifying 19th every race. Had a sc deployed to on Monaco then got dq'ed trying to catch it lol.

Goliath I
All about qualifying 19th every race. Had a sc deployed to on Monaco then got dq'ed trying to catch it lol.

I'd gotten to 10th at Monaco which was a great position for my car when with 3 laps to go I got a puncture on the 2nd but last bend. As I went round the last corner to enter the pits the Safety Car was deployed FTW!

Golf R/Leon FR
Halfway through the first season with Lotus. Changed the difficulty from Intermediette to professional after 3 races as I was finishing 7th+

For some reason though my team to think Im some kind of speed demon and setting me targets of 8th etc... Struggling in quallifying to get into the second session! lol

It doesnt change the objectives when you increase the difficulty, I had the same problem, and hardly met any objectives. Thought about restarting the career again on professional but couldnt be bothered.

Kawasaki ER6N
I'm still on first season with lotus qualifying 19th most races but still 2 seconds off the likes of fi and williams. They still want me to qualify 16th and finish the race 14th no hope of that lol.

Listerine & Poledo
do the different cars ACTUALLY make a difference to handling?

is a Ferrari's physics different to a RBR?

A Virgin different to an HRT?

Listerine & Poledo
Hopeully my HRT Monaco win will net me a Sauber drive next season.

Any reason why it's been my only dry race of the season so far?

One thing I've finally given up on. Modern circuits. I hate them. The traditional ones are alright, but, for instance, Korea, Valencia, Singapore, they all just look the same, few landmarks to make it clear where you are, just a selection of barriers.

At least next championship race is Canada and, sicne it's been mostly the same since '91, I'm feeling confident

It's completly random the weather, I seem to get alot of wet qualifying sessions and dry races....

I hate Singapore and valencia, just barrier after barrier...

Thinking of re-starting my career on a harder setting, it's too easy on anything other than pro/legend

Kawasaki ER6N
Just started my second season and signed for force India. Only got the offer after brazil finished 18th with 2 points for lotus.

Golf R/Leon FR
Seen some bugs crop up since the patch. The tyres seem to bounce rapidly up and down when in the pits and the sound goes off when using the flashback thing.

The graphics haven't really improved at all on the PS3. But I'm enjoying my 2nd season. Just finished Hungary in 3rd. Sitting in 3rd in the championship too.

Oil Burner
Ive just updated this and would say the graphics are much better. The horrific detailing on the black of the tyres is resolved. Although lots of the graphics are just more shiny and not actually any better.

The cars definitely handle differently and have different characteristics. I went from Lotus to Williams (huge difference) to Force india, which i hate. The engine has a lot more low RPM torque than the williams so its easier to spin out of slow corners and the car understeers a lot more. Should of held out for a better offer.

Still really enjoying this game, although its takes ages to complete a season.

RS Clio 182
The patch has definatly improved the PS3 graphics slightly - tyres,framerate (thank god) and a blurring effect when at high speeds.....just came 3rd at Canada in my Virgin - on something like 74 pts. already and hanging onto 5th in the Championship...

Ive heard reports of a lot more AI retirements in the new patch but havnt seen evidence of that yet...

I was getting mega bored with the game, so started the season again on legend and it's much better!

In the Williams fighting for a single point is much more entertaining than winning by 30 seconds in a lotus...

Clio 200 Raider
Im really enjoying it just done a full race at abi dhabi which was good how it goes from sunlight to under the floodlights. Then did full race at brazil. 10 mins in it started to rain pitted a lap early than most to go to inters and went from 15th to 6th when it all worked out. Wasnt bad considering was in the renault using AI on legend.
Graphics seem like they have blurred a bit rather than improved but framerate a lot smoother now. Its good enough for me anyway. Lots of things they still can improve but overall its good fun

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up over the weekend, was dirt cheap on PC!

Enjoying it way more than I did 2010

Playing with Professional difficulty is good fun :)

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm nearing the end of my 2nd season at Yas Marina now. Sitting 1st in the championship with a 3rd place to secure the title. Im moving onto Legend difficulty next season.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The safety car came out on about the 6th lap (of 12) at Malaysia.. I got confused because it told me I was too slow.. so I slowed down more (and it was ghosting me) and ended up 22nd (down from about 16th :()

I assumed it was going to magically jump me to the right place at the back of the SC line :/

Clio 200 Raider
loving this to be honest. Did another 71 full race at Brazil this time i was in the merc started 10th managed to get to 6th 40 laps in the safety car came out. which made it interesting but 1 lap after i pitted. 55 laps in the rain came and had to stay on inters till the end of the race. Managed to make up one more place and ended up 5th with a battle with hamilton on the last corner last lap couldnt get by him though!

I would like them to include in the race director bit split times and how people retired. Also with the replays you should be able to view from different cars and able to save replay aswell.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished my 2nd season as world champ with Force India. Very disappointing ending when you win the world title. No congrats from my engineer or trophy presentation, very poor IMO. That needs to be changed. Thought I'd get a better drive for season 3 but had to stay with FI.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Its on the wrong difficulty if you are winning the championship with force india in your second season surely?

Golf R/Leon FR
Yeah that's why I've upped the level to Legend. Going to start a fresh on legend as the objectives are too hard after winning the championship.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Finished my first season in 18th with virgin, now6 races into second season with Force India and about 11th at the moment

RS Clio 182
Just won a thriller at Valencia,qualifed 19th,got up to 6th on the first lap and gradually overtook the leaders throughout the race - and i got the lead off Webber on the final lap! Obviously its too easy as im in a Virgin - but im hoping to get an offer from a midfield team so i can up the difficulty! - im currently 3rd in the championship,and even beating McLaren in the Constructors lol....Silverstone next though which i always struggle with....