ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Golf R/Leon FR
As said I would up the level now IMO. Makes it really unrealistic. I have started my career again with HRT on Legend. qualified 20th at the 1st GP. Hoping the race will be better.

IMO it gets mega boring after a few races unless you have it on Legend, or at least Pro...

I won the championship with Lotus in my first season on Amateur/Inter and gave the game up -

Gone back and re-started with Williams on Legend and its a million times more entertaining fighting for a single point that finishing 30 secs ahead of a Red Bull after 12 laps...

IMO

Toyota MR2
The A.I pit entry is to slow IMO. In Brazil on Legend Difficulty in the Mclaren I pitted only 2.5 seconds ahead of Vettel and was struggling on crap rubber. Pitted 1 lap before him and come out 14 seconds clear? Then if you watch them enter the pits there going at it from all angles and cruising up to the pit line at half speed.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just did a full length race in Istanbul in the Lotus, was awesome

Started 18th on the grid, got up to about 13th for about the first 5 laps then gradually dropped down

Sat at 17th for nearly all of the race, had one blow out and the weather went a bit mental at times :p

Was awesome fun though

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Still seems to have a few bugs for me.

At Spa, race started in the rain so pit crew radio to say no need to change tyres, then a few laps in there trying to get me to pit for no reason, every other car pits, I carry on and win by miles obviously. Also on a similar bug, pit crew radio to tell me to pit 1 lap before I actually need to pit, won't flash on screen to pit though until the next lap when I should be pitting.

Still loving the game though, 3rd season now.

Lee

BMW M2C
The calculations for pitting in the wet need a little work. They're bang on at most tracks, but due to the wear being different depending on the track, there are some tracks at certain distances, where the AI stop in wet and the player can get away without stopping if they're careful. Trying the same strategy on a different circuit probably won't work out. I ran the same plan the other day, and held a place way higher than my William should have managed, but then two laps from the end my tyres were shot, and I started going backwards. The nice thing was, I finished only one or two places higher than I would have managed had I stopped for new tyres.

Golf R/Leon FR
The calculations for pitting in the wet need a little work. They're bang on at most tracks, but due to the wear being different depending on the track, there are some tracks at certain distances, where the AI stop in wet and the player can get away without stopping if they're careful. Trying the same strategy on a different circuit probably won't work out. I ran the same plan the other day, and held a place way higher than my William should have managed, but then two laps from the end my tyres were shot, and I started going backwards. The nice thing was, I finished only one or two places higher than I would have managed had I stopped for new tyres.

Is there any plan for another patch or is that it for 2011?
I havent noticed many bugs after the 2nd patch, but do still get the odd invisible car after pitting. Espicially at Spa.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
someone managed to crash into me whilst we were waiting for the lights to come on on the grid and there car was destroyed, no idea how it happened though :S

Citroen DS3 DSport

Three members of the F1 dev team recently took on the Eurogamer and Rllmuk F1 communities in a 50% race at Spa. The race was very keenly contested and at the link below you can view footage of the event from the POV of F1 2011 Game Designer Lee Mather

Last edited by a moderator:
  Listerine & Poledo
Round of applause for that man.

I guess I really should play this a bit more, but it's getting towards the end of the season and all the tracks I dont care for.

Please, do a track pack with some of the classics:-

Pre-Tilke Hockenheim
Magny Cours
Estoril
Mexico City
Imola

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase

These TIlkedfromes are just irritating, ifr I wanted to drive in a stop-start fashion,I'd drive into work every day!

:)

PS: I know it's not you guys fault

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Would love to see classics in aswell but maybe as a classic f1 mode or something like that, but i would prefer it if you could make the game work properly first

RS Clio 182
would love to see Imola & Magny Cours back in - remind me of Psygnosis F1 on the PS1! :D

Just accepted an offer to join Force India for season 3 - does anyone know which driver you replace? Im currently 5th in the drivers championship in the Virgin having just raced at Suzuka - still really enjoying the game mainly thanks to the recent patch which sorted the framerate and various graphic porblems with the tyres etc.

RS Clio 182
You replace Sutil at Force India, 5th in the Virgin? Must have it on a low difficulty?

Yeah i have, i dont want to put it on high difficulty until i get to the big teams - i dont want to be scrapping around in 20th every race,i just wouldnt enjoy it - ive got to say though its a bit unrealistic me being 5th in the Virgin - will be upping the difficulty when i get to Force India.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Bump :eek:

Finally picked this up yesterday after hammering 2010 all last week but getting frustrated with the bugs.

Wow, MASSIVE difference. Starting off as HRT, no aids, pad and AI on Prof, it's fecking hard! I must have restarted qualy in Melbourne over 30 times; it's very wet and I can't get around the track at all, lol! Great fun though :D

Anyone else still playing this?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It really is mate. I just really need to learn the limits in the wet, finding it quite tricky to get right.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I play it every now and then when I get the time. F1 2010 properly put me off getting 2011 but I took the plunge after it had got much better writeups. Infinitely better than 2010, and I'm hoping 2012 builds on that.

Goliath I
Started playing it again when the season started.

Near the end of my first season now, pro with lotus

Actually managed a second place from 16th lol first corner pile up+safety car=Good result

Lee

BMW M2C
The HRT really is a dog of a car in the game. LOL

It wasn't easy to make it that slow, and not impossible to drive.

Glad you're enjoying it. :approve:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The HRT really is a dog of a car in the game. LOL

It wasn't easy to make it that slow, and not impossible to drive.

Glad you're enjoying it. :approve:

Haha, I always started with Lotus in 2010 and fancied a change.

Started the race before after qualifying 23rd, got up to about 16th and crashed on the 2nd to last lap after giving it a dab of oppo when I really didn't need to. The controller was thrown. Lol.

No idea how people play this without a wheel, I tried for half lap of Spain and gave up lol.

Such a good game on the wheel though.

Doing a co-op championship online at the min.

IMO though, Pro is too easy and Legend abit too hard. Needs to be something I between for me....

Golf R/Leon FR
Have to agree with the difficulty settings, pro is easy and legend too hard. Currently in season 2 with Williams, and the car is awful for the first 5 races. Rubens has out performed me at every race.

Listerine & Poledo
If I can use the exact same set-up for every track, in a Sauber and still be a championship contender, there's definately something amiss in Pro mode.

RS Clio 182
I hate Silverstone with a passion since they changed the start/finish area and pit lane - bring back the old layout! Ive always found it to be a boring track anyway - would love Brands Hatch instead hehe.

Anyway,i managed to keep hold of 8th there in the pouring rain in my Force India,due to some highly defensive driving hehe - still around about 6th in the drivers championship.

Red Bull have dominated so far,Vettell taking the championship in season 1 and Webber Season 2. And Vettell is leading the way again.. Expected some other teams challenging by now in season 3! I know that the Mercedes team of Rosberg & Schumacher are very strong now,with McLaren & Ferrari fading a bit.

Goliath I
2010 and 2011 are very different to 2009. 2009 was done by a different team.

Its in regards to the speed wheel, which the wii used its controller as a non fixed, freehand wheel. I expect that the 360 speed wheel will be much like that

Lee

BMW M2C
Ah right. I've not played a great deal of the Wii version.

The speed wheel isn't officially supported but it will work. We're supporting it in 2012, but the back of buttons is a pain in the ass.

Goliath I
The wii f1 had an incredibly difficult learning curve in regards to handling using the wheel, some loved it and others hated it. When I got used to it it felt very rewarding as everything just felt so smooth.

I was after the speed wheel as an alternative as I don't really have any room for a proper one and pedals