ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Golf R/Leon FR
Played about 15 mins so far. It already feels better than 2010 and its pretty cool having DRS and Kers available. It now also down changes when braking in automatic mode which makes it a lot nicer during braking. I'll be playing it fully tomorrow :)

Good to hear a bit of a positive comparison to 2010. Have you got it on PS3 mate? You noticed any frame rate issues?

Oil Burner
Received the game this morning. Happened to have a day off work today so i've had a quick go with it. Pretty impressed. Handling is 100% better than last year, although it does feel a bit imprecise - but i think thats only my lack of experience with a wheel and how easy these cars are to drive on the edge. I have had a go with a Mclarren in grand prix and now a Lotus in Career and its like night and day. The lotus just slides everywhere, very hard to drive fast. The tyres also work very well to effect how the car drives.

The graphics are not all that, not a vast improvement on the previous game imho, a few bits of the game have juddered for me (ps3) but nothing thats really bothered me yet. The loading times are longer, but not that bad really.

Really enjoying it, haven't tried it with a pad yet. Wheel is too much fun, although still locking brakes far too much - wish the brake pedal had force feed back!

Evo 5 RS
I chose the lotus in career, with most of the assists off it's going to take getting used to! Good to know the faster teams appear to be so :)

Played a couple of practices this morning and took awhile to manage a couple of decentish laps (with the 360 controller) but everything about 2011 seems to be better. Codemasters have always been good at menu systems and not alienating the player. Look forward to playing it more. Graphics aren't as pretty as I thought they'd be on first impression though. (PC)

Listerine & Poledo
is the tuning system a bit more advanced now?

It wasn't that long ago that wing settings were high, medium or low.

I could envisage Raikkonen at the time. "I have not enough front grip, wing needs medium setting"

Oil Burner
is the tuning system a bit more advanced now?

It wasn't that long ago that wing settings were high, medium or low.

I could envisage Raikkonen at the time. "I have not enough front grip, wing needs medium setting"

Nope, and i don't think it needs to be. The game isn't a sim, its somewhere between. There is all the adjustment you need in it. And the standard car is a lot closer to the right setup now i feel.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Too much adjustment is not a good thing, they had it perfect with F1 2010, nothing more than 3-4 tenths per lap with or without a setup.

MY10 R35 GTR
my PS3 copy arrived this morning.

Liking it so far, feels very different to 2010. And yes in a good way imo.

More opinion later

Clio 200 Raider
Graphics on ps3 are shockingly bad. Maybe im used to gt5 standards. The judder reminds me off watching a blu ray for instance with a tv without 100hz. Wishing i got this on pc now. The gameplay is fine and same as last year but seems fun. Shame there is no graphics like on the tv for the
Rev counter and such. I just need to forget the graphics and get stuck in cus the playability is really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY10 R35 GTR
Id almost go as far to say its harder than 2010. Or maybe its becasue im not used to it.

The GRX I reckon are a bit crisper than 2010but the frame drop sometimes can be annoying

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
After starting the career I'm really starting to enjoy it. Finished 12th with Lotus which was really hard!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The thing I didn't like with 2010, was unless you were in the super difficult mode, you could qualify on pole easily in an HRT.

But, if you had it on super difficult mode, I was about 2 seconds off the back marker every time, and it wasn't because I was bad at the game. There was no in between, where you would actually be if you were in a worse team, if you know what I mean.

Oil Burner
This game is better for that. I'm playing on Hard - so 2nd from hardest setting. And its pretty difficult purely from a driving point of view. I struggle to qualify above the 'new teams'. I can banzai the first corner and get up to 7th or 8th, but i just can't drive at their pace in a Lotus. The last race i ended up 18th and was pretty pleased really.

The marbles on the outside of the track are a right pain!

I'm sure it will get easier with practice, but at the moment its quite challenging and i've still got traction control set to medium!

The thing I didn't like with 2010, was unless you were in the super difficult mode, you could qualify on pole easily in an HRT.

But, if you had it on super difficult mode, I was about 2 seconds off the back marker every time, and it wasn't because I was bad at the game. There was no in between, where you would actually be if you were in a worse team, if you know what I mean.

I agree with the first bit however even on the hardest setting I can still the odd podium in a season.

I'm looking forward to the drs/kers, one thing I hope it has is different pit strategies. Would be good to have different teams use 2/3/4 pit strategies.

Couple of things pissing me off.

Punctures - Once again happen far too often. This just isn't realistic when you look at F1.
Pit Stops - If you come in to the pits together you seem to always come out behind the guy you went in with. That's really f**king annoying.

It's also still to easy on Hard and the jump to expert is too big.

Golf R/Leon FR
Hopefully they'll release a patch again for the punctures, I hated that in F1 2010. Are there any pit stop issues with queing or not being released?

Clio 200 Raider
The penalties sometimes to harsh when it says ilegal blocking when u have spun on the track cant get round it sometimes. Any1 managed to leave pits at spa without hitting the wall lol

Online is fun some good racers but then some people just love playing bumper cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil Burner
Better than 2011 imho.

Bugs i've found - sometimes the game freezes at the end of a session on the timing screen. You get a penalty for spinning and stopping on the racing line far too easily.

Golf R/Leon FR
Had my first play on this tonight, only had 45 mins or so. I was surprised at the graphics being so poor on the PS3, the colouring looks worse than 2010. More cartoon like, definitely a bit of a disappointment. Gameplay though is so much improved. You can really attack the curbs and the tyres play a far more important role, also the amount of throttle you can use out of the corners is really good and have to be patient. Is taking a while to remember to use KERS and DRS too. I can see me enjoying this more than 2010, and will give it a few hours tomorrow night.

Evo 5 RS
I'm s**t at it :D I've got ABS on - hard difficulty and traction control set to medium, starting to get the hang of it now with the 360 pad, though

Listerine & Poledo
PS3 has greater potential for graphics, but because it takes a vast amount of effort to exploit it, it'll be on par with Xbox only.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm away so cannot play this yet but I'm concerned with all the reports of shoddy fps and graphics on the PS3 version. I may return it unopened for the 360 version but then I lose the use of my G25 wheel.