ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAQ: LEE F1 2011

Lee

BMW M2C
Big media day in London next Wednesday so I'd expect to see some more comments on the game after that. We're hosting it here. http://www.3olafstreet.com/index.php

I've not been on here much lately as we're in crunch now so working all the hours available to us. At least we moved in to our stunning new offices a week or so back.

I can't say anything more than has already been announced, but I can say the driving model this year is superb. It's a massive improvement over 2010. We achieved a lot with 2010 but I wasn't happy with it, this year I'm very happy with how the cars feel.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Big media day in London next Wednesday so I'd expect to see some more comments on the game after that. We're hosting it here. http://www.3olafstreet.com/index.php

I've not been on here much lately as we're in crunch now so working all the hours available to us. At least we moved in to our stunning new offices a week or so back.

I can't say anything more than has already been announced, but I can say the driving model this year is superb. It's a massive emprovement over 2010. We achieved a lot with 2010 but I wasn't happy with it, this year I'm very happy with how the cars feel.

Good stuff Lee! :)

D.

Golf R/Leon FR
Looks very good Lee,

The handling especially looks better.

Will the game show up the lap times of the other drivers when they post the fastest lap of the race? I'd like to see that in there, just so you know how your doing compared to their times.

Oil Burner
Will there be catchable oversteer, i can only see understeer in that vid (did you have assists on). I don't mind the driving model in 2010 but the one area that frustrates me is that you can get the car to slide a small amount without turning around and if it does go then just grabbing the brakes catches it - surely not the real life solution.

Thanks for keeping us informed again Lee, looking forward to 2011's launch!

Lee

BMW M2C
With tyre and fuel sim off there's bags of grip. With them on the way the car behaves changes massively. Power oversteer is easily achieved and caught with practice.

The dab saving you has been fixed. There's a few more videos from the event on YouTube where you can see people not used to the game playing it.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
the mechanic voice really annoys me in that video preferred the one last year, other than that looks like a really good game with good improvements from last year

Ph2 Clio 172
Looking good Lee!

Will we be seeing your face in the game this year (did you say you were the jack man in 2010)?

Oh, and will the PC version be on Steam, and if so, when can I get my pre-order on! :)

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Lee gets a mention in this vid (6min 50sec), unfortunately it's regarding a criticism of the game

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf R/Leon FR
Still seems a positive review on the whole. It looks so much better driving with the wheel instead of the PS3 pad.

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee gets a mention in this vid (6min 50sec), unfortunately it's regarding a criticism of the game

I know Alan quite well. He's a nice bloke. AI is still being tweaked

Interview with me.

2010 won best use of an IP at tonight's develop awards.

Nothing at the mo :(
ive recently started playing F1 2010 again, I did get it on release day but i traded it in a week later due to sooooo many bugs which are now thank goodness been fixed

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll be buying this on release day, maybe preorder if I see any good deals.

Nice to see the front jack guy getting interviewed.

Goliath I
I cannot wait for this, I do wonder though why its released so late in the season (probably a promo/technical/productions etc... reason)

I sent F1 2010 back to Lovefilm... I'm already having withdrawal symptoms

Lee

BMW M2C
There's a few reasons. One is we can't start modeling the cars until we see them at the first race of the season. The once they're done FOM and the teams all have to sign them off. That already takes us well in to the season. There's now way we could get it out any earlier. I'm doing 60 hour weeks at the moment as it is.

Lee

BMW M2C
No idea. Some take days, others months. Plus if they request a change we have to go through it all again. Track sponsorship takes ages, getting that signed off takes months as we have to send full screenshots and video of each track to FOM and Allsport.

Look how the cars and sponsors change through the season, it's impossible to be 100% correct all season as no one knows what's going to happen once the game is finished.

Lee

BMW M2C
Someone has leaked the latest Dev Diary. It's actually due up next week!

I did most of the driving in it as usual.

Street Triple R
Looks fantastic! love the way you can seemingly catch the slides, I only have the controller but it seemed in the last game once the car started to slide it was pretty much going to be a full spin

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah I use a GT2 on Xbox.

Handling and car control are massively improved. Drifting isn't the quickest way round but it's certainly entertaining.