ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fast ford

Twingo rs133
My mates buildin a MK4 fiesta track car with this baby goin in today
menerydy.jpg

It's a fiesta st engine with twin 48 tb's

53 Clio's & counting
I'm on my phone so not a great picture but they look like carbs to me, not itb's.

If they are carbs, why is he not fitting itb's? I find it very hard to understand why someone would go through all the effort sorting out fitting carbs, sorting out a way to control the ignition seperately, then spend every few months back having them tweaked to make sure they are running right. Plus it won't run great from cold and will be hard to get the fueling right - if they are carbs tell him to junk them, fit a decent set of throttle bodies and have good all round running plus more performance and reliability.

On a seperate note a decent specced duratec will be a right weapon in a fiesta

Twingo rs133
I'm on my phone so not a great picture but they look like carbs to me, not itb's.

If they are carbs, why is he not fitting itb's? I find it very hard to understand why someone would go through all the effort sorting out fitting carbs, sorting out a way to control the ignition seperately, then spend every few months back having them tweaked to make sure they are running right. Plus it won't run great from cold and will be hard to get the fueling right - if they are carbs tell him to junk them, fit a decent set of throttle bodies and have good all round running plus more performance and reliability.

On a seperate note a decent specced duratec will be a right weapon in a fiesta

It's only going to be used in the summer mate. He knows what he's doing he built this beast
yqugetu3.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
He might know alot dude but there is only one reason why you would fit carbs over itb's and thats money and noise - you can normally buy carbs cheaper than an itb setup, and they make a great noise, but in terms of tunability they are a step backwards - ask any mapper/tuner and they will say the same.

IE whatever power he makes on those carbs, itb's will give more power, better cold start, better throttle response, a sharper noise, and won't need as much fiddling with - as I said if he had them aleady then it makes sense due to cost, but i'd still rather sell them on and buy a decent itb setup and ecu - i'm only saying this from experience btw lol