ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip rs tuner

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
What I want to know is that it is possible to save a copy of a tuned file from someone to that device and write it on the ecu of a similar car?

I suppose that is included. I read you can backup your original software and write updated software.
But I didn't know if you copy a file of an other car, it will be coded and maybe lock your ecu?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
What I want to know is that it is possible to save a copy of a tuned file from someone to that device and write it on the ecu of a similar car?

after seeing the price the answer is simple NO !!!. I think this only allows you to save the map on the car at the moment. For a new map, the immo codes and some other unlocking is required. Swapping of ECU's might be skipped, if you can supply them the original s/w email it to them. You might receive the new one from them again and upload it to the car with this new toy.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It's not bad, but Paul at RS tuning said a while ago he can supply something similar to this if need be with his remaps, the price increase on top of the remap was less than that cost on it's own iirc.

Trophy #267
apart from when the lying thieving b*****d sends you something faulty and then wont pay up and leaves you £200 out of pocket. Avoid the c**t like the plague !!!!
That s**t will let you read and backup your own stuff but not gonna do owt else with it.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
apart from when the lying thieving b*****d sends you something faulty and then wont pay up and leaves you £200 out of pocket. Avoid the c**t like the plague !!!!
That s**t will let you read and backup your own stuff but not gonna do owt else with it.

I have rs tuner and flash my own group N_file. backup my original file and can log my data and check the parameter's. I am very glad with it :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172
I had a fast chip remap on my ecu. When I got it tested on a dyno, i realised I had lost 5hp. It did make some more power through the midrange, but after 5K, It was running too rich and I lost power because of it.

Been running on my standard ecu since then, and awaiting RS tuning rep to come back to Australia :)

Trophy #267
i find it strange alexandros, that as a new member 4 of you 5 whole posts are in this thread spouting the joys of how good mr fastchip is when there are several people (myself included) who have had bad dealings with the company and have ended up losing out to significant sums of money to him (the search button works wonders)
That hardware appears to allow you to read and write the ecu, much in the same way a kwp2000 will. Does thsi allow you to conquer the world - no. if you wish to apply generic maps found all over the internet to your car then by all means crack on as there are plenty about. Im sure such a system could be used for 'agents' of reputable people who can mod their own map files but then that usually doesnt help the likes of joe normal unless they intend to do a fair bit of dev work flashing lots of maps to an ecu

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had a fast chip remap on my ecu. When I got it tested on a dyno, i realised I had lost 5hp. It did make some more power through the midrange, but after 5K, It was running too rich and I lost power because of it.

Been running on my standard ecu since then, and awaiting RS tuning rep to come back to Australia :)

owned alexandros :(

I have had a group N_File on my MK1 incl orbisoud, matched inlet's and itg maxogen. My Rs was very fast :rasp: . Buying a second group N_file for my MK2 means nothing? When people have no good feelings about this product....Don't buy! People who are interested can contact Henk he can tell more.

I am very glad with it :)

No, but including orbisoud topspeed 235km! It was a beast :evil:
I think with original exhaust to rich with open loop. You can give less fuel with original exhaust (open loop) or give more fuel with oversized exhaust and decat. You can send the log files to fastchip to check and calibrate your group_N file.

I can confirm this topspeed with my previous Orbisoud (Mk1) and group N reflash

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
topspeed never shows the power increase.

You are not de-limitering an RS. Mk1's are luckier than the MK2's since their final drive is longer than that of Mk1's. I have not seen a remapped Mk1 RS hitting revlimiter on road in 5th gear.

Find a downhill and let it go. By the way 235 is not the very best

@robsta172
Please get in contact with me. You don't respond to my e-mails or pm. Nor did I ever receive any e-mails from you.
Again, i'll be happy to resolve this issue for you, if you'll let me

Trophy #267
You don't respond to my e-mails or pm. Nor did I ever receive any e-mails from you.

Strange, thats exactly what I said when i asked for my ecu to be done properly and when you ignored that when I asked for my money back

Again, i'll be happy to resolve this issue for you, if you'll let me

Does this apply to me as well as it was proved by 2 reputable tuners on this board that the ecu you sent me was a pile of crap ?

RS RIP
Fastchip has done a lot of work on English cars. He has also seen his work coppied and sold on by tuners in England...:eek:

RS RIP
But there will always be unhappy customers ....

Mine however goes like a rocket with the map

2005 Nissan Navara
From personal experiences of dealing with Henk, albeit a few years ago now, I can say he is very helpful and never once shy'd away from resolving issues when some of his hardware was in its infancy.

I would definately recomend him....

RS RIP
I've spoken with Henk a couple of times.
He's NOT the kind of man who does'nt care and leave you with questions.
When he spends 45 minutes on the phone with me explaining, not selling, things to an expert like me :quiet: it says enough about how this man works and treats people.

Whenever i decide to go on with further mods on my RS he will defo be the one i'm going to see !

Trophy #267
@Wolf359
You and I both know what really happened, don't we ?

yes, i sent you an ecu and had paid via paypal, you returned it supposedly with a group n ecu flashed to it, i tried it which it didnt work to which i then examined it and sent it to 2 well reknowned tuners in the uk who both confirmed that a) it wasnt a group n map on it, b) it was a locked ecu before I even tried it on my car.

When i asked you about it you put the phone down on me and refused to help in any way. Thats not what I call customer service and I am still £167 (€238) out of pocket which you seem perfectly happy with. those are teh 'FACTS' so if anyone posts here suggesting how good your company is I will post my experience which has been piss poor.

hey!! see you in Sydney in October :)

1st and 2nd :)

@wolf359

You deliberately send me an ECU with the intention to steal my mapping from it. I found out by reading your thread on this forum.
You started it, you gambled, and you lost.
In the meantime I have lost far more money then you. Because you are slandering my good name in every thread with FASTCHIP mentioned.
In the end you win and I lost big time. Believe me, I certainly wish I refunded you.
It is costing me way more money now.

Trophy #267
Hmm thats curious as it was advertised as a Group-N ecu, not one specifically modified by yourself or your company so it is hardly your intellectual property. I still paid for something from you which I didnt receive and got ZERO support when I asked you about it. From reports of other people I am not alone in being ripped of either so read into that what you will ! If you did not want to offer your services to me then you could have declined and returned my money but you did not !!!
I have far from hunted down any thread with your company name mentioned and slandered it, I posted a thread at the time expressing my distrust of your company and advising so and this is the 1st post i have seen regarding your company since and would hardly say your a frequent poster here.

The way customers post feedback, whatever the outcome, on owners clubs and forums around the world is only good for people who have to deal with them. There are countless dealers, traders, tuners and suppliers who frequent places such as these whose business thrives on a good reputation and whose custom is invaluable. They wouldnt be in the business if this wasnt the case - pity you were / are in the business to take money only !

you were / are in the business to take money only !

1) You came to me in the first place because I was the cheapest with gr_N reflashes. Remember ?
2) Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events but all gr_N reflashes I do are for free for some time, including my own. I was the first to bring out a gr_N version for the 182.
3) At a price of 155 Euro for RSTuner you can hardly accuse me for being only in the business to become a billionair. And I was always the cheapest one regarding reflashes.
4) You are swearing and ranting for more then a year now in every thread where fastchip is mentioned. Do a search !
5)
From reports of other people I am not alone
Yes you are, the issue with robsta172 is an unfortunate miscommunication. And is being resolved as we speak.
6) You have the last word. I need to implement trouble code reading in RSTuner.

Trophy #267
at the time i bought the group n reflash off you, there were several other people who had had 'issues' with you. Yes, i came to you because of the price but perhaps price shouldnt dictate how good a product or service is offered ? You say your group n flashes are free ? however, surely a 'Group N' flash as sold by renault as an aftermarket ecu upgrade is property of renault and has been the basis of many tuners 'own' work and the source of much of the 'free' maps distributed on the net. I am only familiar with two independant people capable of tuning or creating a map file from scratch with a track history to prove so.

You go back to playing with your new project. All I wanted was a resolution to my problem long ago bu that is not going to happen. I'd just like for anyone who is considering sending you money to look at the FACTS before commiting to anything and risk losing their money.

Weird :nono: , " at the time i bought the group n reflash off you, there were several other people who had had 'issues' with you".

Where are they? In Holland I reccomend Henk alway's, He is good and most people know that :rasp:

never had any trouble with Henk. I notice some tuners have become smart and keep distance from the forum. You can do good business, but soon or late you will be slaughtered