ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest 1.2 16v in the world!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 11 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Scott1987 on 11 September 2005

pmsl, i think most people got the point.

its overenthusiastic claims that make people take the piss fella, without these threads things would run smoother, this has been an entertaining thread though to be fair ;-)

thats exactly what I am talking about lol, so you have a problem with people loving there 1.2 16vs too much? So what if they think its fast lol, who are you to say its not?

Threads like this we need my good man, all this forum talks about is 2litre this, 2litre that and its getting kind of boring! Some people on this forum couldnt even give a sh*t about 1.2s or anything slower then there car. Which is actually bang out of order, this forum is not a 2 litre owners club, its a CLIO owners club...C L I O...which means, any Clio can get talked about and any Clio can be over exaggerated about! Its what drivers personally feel about there cars, I personally feel that my car is a fast car and can get beat most other lower sized engine cars. Ok yea obviously there are lower size engines cars out there which would dominate me, but it hasnt happen yet...

Adam

[Edited by Subway on 11 September 2005 at 10:12pm]
if youd bothered to read my post further up the thread youd see that i havent got a problem with lower engined cars, i havent got a problem with people loving their cars, what i have got a problem with is when people start sayin theyve beaten bmws and mercs lol, i couldnt give a sh*t whether somebody has got a 1.2 or a 2.0 and i know perfectly well that this is a club for all clios, youd also see that i said the 1.2 16v is a fast and capable car "within its class" so quit your bitchin !! :-D

Engles Mummy

lol, ok ok. The only bmw i could beat one which has no wheels and the only merc i could beat is probably the A-CLASS sh*t, even then it could be very interesting!

but the bottom line is- 1.2s rule the roost, so shove that up your arse! :D

I had a 1.2 while my 182Cup was in having the temperature sensor fault looked at. I needed a haircut when I got home. 0-60 was about an hour.

Quote: Originally posted by $torm Rider on 11 September 2005

Why are you lot slating 1.2s for? They are nippy and agile and ive embarassed a lot of bigger engined cars in mine. Most people think that ive got a Clio Sport because i know the limits of my car and i know how to get the best out of it. Last night i beat what i thought was a Golf R32 but obviously it wasnt but it had the full kit. The guy was giving it at the lights and i left him.

I also showed up my mates CLK 320 on the A406 as the Clio is light and nimble i was able to snake my way through 3 lanes in and out of cars and he stood no chance. Even he had to admit that if he didnt know it was he would have assumed it was a 2.0 litre. Did the same to a E46 3 series who tried to tail gate me on the same stretch.

This goes to show that the car is a great performer for what it is and in the right hands (ie a skillfull driver) it can severely bruise a few egos...

Its idiots like you who cause so many accidents and make my insurance so high. As if your 1.2 could beat any of the afore mentioned cars in a proper race, get a grip!

THis is actually THE most rediculous car thread I have ever read. Great entertainment for a lunchtime mind!

An E46 who TRIED to tailgate you...ROFL, bet you really showed him up! :p

As for the R32 comment....well I wont even say what I think of that.
Ive driven a 1.2 clio, and it was sloooooooooow.

[Edited by mickyveedub on 12 September 2005 at 12:57pm]

Golf GTD

id just like to put my 2pence worth in, and i have to admit i havent read much of the thread.

Im a 1.2 car owner, and whilst i love my car to bits, its about as fast as the cliosport forum is at the minute. It does take an age to get to 60, and if i want to overtake, i have to do it in second, and even then it starts to run out of give about 55mph.

It does more than make up for it on the twisties, and roundabouts, but then im a great driver (LOL).

If i want a fast car, and believe me i do, i wouldnt have a 1.2 Boaasting about 1.2s being fast is alright, if they are compared to other small engined cars, Renaults engines seem to deliver more BHP than say citroens, pugs and fiats, so thats great, but saying u can beat a BMW or a VW Golf, it just makes us look stupid.

So there my thoughts are, nobody probably cares, but i just dont want anyone thinking im a 1.2 owner that thinks he could own a 182.

(I dont think that at all, i KNOWSIT ;))

Engles Mummy

some truly f**ked up people on here lol

still i cant say this thread wasnt interesting, had a bigger turn out then i ever would of expected!

I should remember that if you own a 2.0, it makes you a driving god and you end up thinking you can beat any car!

But us little 1.2s know we can beat a few cars lol.

But at the end of the day, it will be a 1.2 holding you bigger ladies up in the fast lane.

Cheers All, Adam

Suzuki SV1000S

Good to meet you yesterday matey - Now get those pictures up or at least email them to me please mailto:georgeralph@gmail.com">georgeralph@gmail.com

This forum is not a 2 litre owners club, its a CLIO owners club...C L I O...which means, any Clio

It is clioSPORT.net to be fair!!!!

Why pretend the 1.2s r quick, im sorry but asif a 1.2 has ever smoked a Corsa 1.4 Sri and certinally not a VTR!! Not even gona start withe the beema and merc coment!

Really duno what you guys gain from lying and this is why the 1.2 and its owners have a bad name on ere!

Give it a rest and think bout it eh?

I beat my mates vtr, at the traffic lights 2 lanes go into 1 we prob got to about 75 and he was still behind but quite far up my arse. Alot of it is to do with the driver imo. Obviosuly my mate couldnt drive his 1.6 cos any decent driver in a vtr would kill a 1.2.....

1.6 cos any decent driver in a vtr would kill a 1.2.....

Exactly, But why r ppl ranting and raving bout the 1.2.

If a lil old granny is sat in a skyline and a young lad is sat next to er in is 1.2 and the lights go green, the 1.2 will probably beat the skline off the mark, doesnt mean the car is faster, but the 1.2 smoke the syline eh lads?;)

This has reached the stage where its not worth reading, let alone biting. As 1.2s go, the Clio is a pretty nippy one, thats it. It is still a crushingly slow car when compared to even a modestly quick RS Cio. Slow. SLOW. SLOW! The End.

in the original post, the level of driver skill was stated to be "equal". so where does driver skill come into this argument?

"my 1.2 is fast and can waste bigger cars"

so if fred was in the 172 or the CTR, surely that would be a hell of a lot faster too?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by 3000GT_PILOT on 12 September 2005

so if fred was in the 172 or the CTR, surely that would be a hell of a lot faster too?

yes

dk

911 GTS Cab

the clio 1.2 is not a fast car, its not a performance car, it is a run-around and on that note I think we have come to the end of this racing tale.

"apart from Freds 1.2"

[Edited by dave182 on 9/12/2005 8:34:11 PM]

Corsa e
Seriously, my 1.2 16v can shift like a slut.

I got a few friends which have the same car as me and no joke; I leave them behind easily. We are all about the same in driving skills, but some how my car just pulls away from them. I have even done a drag with a 1.4 16v, and still I left that behind.

I havent done anything to the car, apart from air filter. But I do thrash my car a lot maybe that has something to do with it?, any reaons why my car is a lot quicker then the others?

Oh and try keep the smart arse comments to a minimum!

Cheers, Adam
My car would leave 1.6s easy and stock 1.4T and it’s a 1.2 pushing over 100bhp comfortably

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Reading the title you know you're in for a treat

clap-excited.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.