ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest N/A clio in UK

BMW 320d Sport

AFAIK I hold the record with mailto:14.48@96mph">14.48@96mph. Depends on your definition of NA though. IMHO mine is not forced induction, hence it can only be NA. Technically speaking, nitrous oxide was not forced into the inlet in any way, it was released upstream of the throttle body and relied upon the normal induction vacuum of the cylinders to pull it in. Yes I was cramming in a lot more combustible oxygen and fuel in there, but there was no compressor piling it in, nor was it needing huge amounts of air or boost pressure either. So my car was NA and scored the best time that I know of. TimO had consistently the fastest 172 with a few mods and lightened, Mats did that 14.7 odd, Ben Red 16 had it last year with a 14 something I seem to remember? Jon (2 Live) did a 14.8 when he battled me and did me by 8/1000 of a second, then did better the next time out? Craggy destroyed his clutch as usual and finally got his sub-15 second dream, so many results like 15.003 or something similar but then a bit of chipping did the trick. Dont take those numbers as gospel, its just what I can remember off the top of my head and there were loads more of us at those York sessions at the end of last summer.

As were on the subject Ill mention it here: Ive just heard from the RTOC and weve been invited to their 1/4 miling weekend at Santa Pod on the 11th/12th July. Now I know theres the regular crew who will turn up for any Cliosport dragstrip days, I just need to get an idea of which veterans of last year would want to come and who would want to make their quarter miling debut on the day! The bonus will be that its gonna be only club invitations, so not a public RWYB, no Novas or bikes, no bloody junior dragsters that push in the line and take twenty minutes to stage while everyone else sits around waiting. Obviously a members only event. Anyway, if youre interested get over to the meetings forum and Ill put up a thread about it.

Is it true at that day its french cars only on the saturday and then anyone on the sunday as per a normal RWYB? Im thinking of going for both days although my mate wanted to come and run as well but he has a Jap car so will he not be abe to?

Should be a good day anyway as fancy getting my paws on those turbod clios!