ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fatlace Vs RWB

markrwb6.jpg

In just a couple of hours, countless modified cars will debut in the halls of the Las Vegas Convention Centre. The SEMA show is the juggernaut; the biggest aftermarket car event of them all. Amongst them, one particular car is certain to steal plenty of attention.
Separated by some 5100 miles, two hugely influential car builders, Mark Arcenal and Nakai-san, have collaborated to create a car that is sure to send ripples through both the American and Japanese car scenes. Say hello to their creation: the RWB Pandora One Porsche 911.
markrwb1.jpg

“It was very special to see Nakai do his work” Mark said. “It was inspirational to see how much dedication he puts into each build.” Indeed, Nakai-san has quickly built a reputation as being an artisan who has dedicated his life to his craft.
markrwb7.jpg

Each Rauh-Welt Porsche is given its own name from Nakai-san. For this particular Porsche, Nakai-san christened it Pandora One.
markrwb4.jpg

Pandora One is a fitting name don't you think?
markrwb10.jpg

There are some personal touches that have been done too. On Mark’s 964, the iconic Illest logo was created with screws in the lip.
markrwb8.jpg

Mark purchased his 964 C4 four years ago after being inspired by RWB. “After I saw Nakai’s Porsche I bought mine in 2007” Mark divulged. Little did he know that one day he would work hand-in-hand with Nakai-san to create the first US-built RWB Porsche.
markrwb13.jpg

While many of RWB Porsches are built for the street, the 964’s focus is solely on racing. As such, the Porsche was dropped off at FFTEC Motorsports from Hayward for a full engine build.
markrwb14.jpg

Pandora One was finished the day prior to our photoshoot, with the car completed in time for SEMA. The turbo motor has currently been tuned to only 6psi of boost and produced 398 horsepower on FFTEC’s Mustang dyno. After SEMA, the crew will be looking to see how much power they can unlock with 15 psi.
markrwb3.jpg

Before any of the modifications took place, the 964 was stripped down for a full roll-cage, which uses gussets to link to the pillars. FFTEC Motorsports were once again called in to handle the cage fabrication.
markrwb12.jpg

Two Recaro Pro-Racer SPG seats have been fitted along with Stack gauges.
markrwb9.jpg

The Porsche rolls on exclusive 18-inch RWB wheels constructed by Rotiform. While there’s been much discussion on the internet regarding these particular wheels, I personally think they look fantastic in sinister black.
Instead of idlers painted on the sidewalls, Pandora One runs the Falken logo on the 265/35 front and 315/30 rear Azenis tyres.
markrwb2.jpg

Behind the RWB Rotiform wheels are Brembo GT brakes, while the standard springs and shocks have been replaced with KW V3 coilovers. Mark has also fitted KW's HLS System, which is a remote-operated hydraulic lift that is fitted to the shock body. At the press of a button, the HLS extends up to 45mm (1.75-inches) to provide additional ground clearance. The HLS isn't an active part of the suspension, so it doesn't compress or create additional suspension movement.
markrwb11.jpg

Pandora One features the full complement of Rauh-Welt Begriff aero, including the enormous rear wing. Once all of the RWB panels had arrived to US shores, the car was entrusted to TNT in Sacramento for the satin green paint to be applied.
markrwb5.jpg

Over the course of the build, Mark has been providing me with updates on the car’s progress. It was by no means a straight forward affair, with plenty of hard work and long nights spent piecing the 964 together. “I especially want to thank everyone involved on this build” Mark said. “Rob Daehn for managing the car’s paint, the guys at FFTEC and of course, a huge thank you to Nakai and Toshi for our meetings in Japan and bringing Rauh-Welt to the USA.”
With RWB branching out into Japan's Kansai region, Thailand, UK, Australia and now the US, it seems like one artist's work has suddenly captivated a worldwide audience.
- Charles Kha

p**n tbh

It's just been finished for Sema so I've not seen any yet. I suspect with it being a Fatlace car some will pop up on the net at some point though.

Fatchance.

Wrong.

Pre transformation it was driven to shows ;)

[video=vimeo;7813464]http://vimeo.com/7813464[/video]

I've no doubt the same will happen now it's been modded, Mark Arcenal drives the Fatlace Hako and S14 too. They may not be daily drives but that's no surprise given the amount of car crime in Cali and the fact that the cars in question are hardly a comfortable commuter car but he does actually use them.

That front skirt is flexible not rigid. In fairness there are plenty of lower static drops than that kicking about and the owners just live with bodywork hitting the deck. I couldn't live with the banging and grinding out everywhere but each to their own.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
does it not say it in the right up?...

... if not, this is built to race, hence alot of engine work etc,

not sure if i previously mentioned it but nakai-san built 3 RWB american cars in the week prior to sema, this was one, a white one (HOONIGAN - a road car) and a third,
prior to this was the english 993

the brand new Rotiforms look sick though

He's building a 993 for Mayday Garage too by all accounts. They were due to have the first in the US but complications with customs/schedules threw a spanner in the works.

That's too low even for a race car. Please let's not pretend it has any performance intentions. It's a show piece. A car that isn't a car. Appeals to many.

Homo spec mazda
Pretty Sure the RWB cars are all used on track, and to great success, Race cars arent exactly on stilts are they. I dont like the Rotiforms though, for me its too much of a change from the Japanese RWB cars and as such it looks more like a fashion statement. Still cooler then the gay thing he brought to the UK.

Pretty Sure the RWB cars are all used on track, and to great success, Race cars arent exactly on stilts are they. I dont like the Rotiforms though, for me its too much of a change from the Japanese RWB cars and as such it looks more like a fashion statement. Still cooler then the gay thing he brought to the UK.

He just brought the parts, unfortunately it was some British Donkey that was responsible for getting him to fit it to a tiptronic.

Homo spec mazda
Im sure there's a picture of him working in a crappy garage on the UK car? I cant imagine it was as simple as here's the parts you fit them, as that would be massively disappointing, RWB cars always had more soul to them, Can see them being over produced tat soon.

Im sure there's a picture of him working in a crappy garage on the UK car? I cant imagine it was as simple as here's the parts you fit them, as that would be massively disappointing, RWB cars always had more soul to them, Can see them being over produced tat soon.

Do tuners/bodyshops turn away business on the basis the customer owns a heap? If that was the case most on here would have to do all the maintenance on their cars. He's paid to fit the bits and has no control over the car he's fitting it to.

Homo spec mazda
No your right I get that, and the fact its a tiptronic doesn't massively offend me. It's just this feeling that slowly the RWB cars are becoming less of that Japanese unicorn, and more and more "mass produced".

I'm not trolling. I've never seen a race car that is touching the ground before it turns a wheel. F1 cars are higher than that.