ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fatlace Vs RWB

ALMSsebrt10_21.jpg

And that's not even a prototype Roy, I've poked about lola's, Moslers, Cup and RSR's in workshops over the years and I can tell you some are stupidly low. Plenty of these cars have special tail lifts on their transport/support trucks and those in cheaper trailers travel with bumpers or splitters removed so they can get them in and out, only fitting them at the venue.

Yeah ok fair enough. Some race cars are stupid low. I guess it depends on the circuit.

When I see some vids of the green car being driven in anger, hopping kerbs and clipping apexes, I'll rest. Although even then it can never be driven on a road so it's moot.

OK I get it. Some race cars are decked into the weeds. My issue is with road cars that can't be driven on a road.

Homo spec mazda
[video=vimeo;31239836]http://vimeo.com/31239836[/video]

RWB cars around Tsukuba, Plenty of kerb hopping.

There actually are videos of these on the road too, they cant be driven down a typical british country road in anger but then thats not what the cars are about, However I could Easily drive those at that height to work everyday and back.

You say race cars aren't that low, then start b**ching about being unable to drive them on the road when it's proven race cars are that low. Then when shown people do drive the f**king things on the road you still say they can't be driven on the road despite the evidence to the contrary.

If that ain't trolling I'm a f**king chinaman.

Not really mate, the race car thing was an aside. I then conceded that obviously some race cars are that low. Of course they can actually roll along on a flat road. That's not what I mean. They can't be driven as performance cars on the road. I personally do not understand the fascination with a car that looks like it should be fast, but can't be driven properly on a normal road. It's an opinion. No need to get upset.

EDIT: Put it this way, a £2000 Clio would rinse that around any ribbon of tarmac. Therefore I don't see the appeal.

Last edited:
It's road legal, tax disc, can be driven to a track and then driven properly at one. Horses for courses really, just because some people will compromise on road on a car they drive to a track in the interest of it being better once it's there doesn't really change the fact you can use it on both.

We all know on a track any concessions made for road use will take away from the drive on track and vice versa. These guys obviously don't have an issue with the negatives of running that low and hard on the road with these toys which lets face it aren't your daily drive that gets the occasional B road blast or track day to blow the cobwebs out.

Fair enough. Doesn't mean you won't get people who disagree with the whole concept. Let's be honest, it's all about the scene, and getting as low as possible. Certainly for the fans, and certainly in the context of threads like this.

SRSly without meaning to sound aggressive, opinions get posted on The Internet. If you don't like opinions then don't post things.

Swift Sport
I used to have race suspension on my Ignis, although it wasn't incredibly low the ride was atrocious. Eventually it began to give me back pains!

Fair enough. Doesn't mean you won't get people who disagree with the whole concept. Let's be honest, it's all about the scene, and getting as low as possible. Certainly for the fans, and certainly in the context of threads like this.

SRSly without meaning to sound aggressive, opinions get posted on The Internet. If you don't like opinions then don't post things.

I wouldn't run a car that low or hard because I can only afford one car and driving that every day would do my f**king nut tbh. That said a lottery win and the resulting cash and house with space for several and I'd no doubt have something "impractical" like that among my collection.

I'd just have a race car and take it to the track in a lorry like most normal people. Then some road cars for the road.

FYI I'm not knocking your threads. They are always interesting even if I sometimes lol at the content. My only real gripe is that the Vimeo stuff doesn't work on iPad.

C*nt :(

Bit of a faff but what I do on the phone is quote post the copy and past the URL for the video into the address bar on safari.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like the car and as said its very extreme.Im sure it could be used on the road but you would have to pick the right road.

Its a cracking effort though...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
He just brought the parts, unfortunately it was some British Donkey that was responsible for getting him to fit it to a tiptronic.

you read the feature in 911&Porsche World?
its quite interesting....

tiptronic was purchased as its the lowest mileage best conditioned example 993 they could find within a week, they were on a short timescale to build this car so thats what they went on....
the parts were shipped from RWB japan to VAD in the UK, the car and parts were prepped and painted prior to Nakai-san arriving, when he arrived he then assembled said parts to the car.

as for the US cars, as far as i can gather RWB america has now been set-up and will be running our of Fatlace

I'd hope they change the box out for a manual at some point then if that's the case, and do some tuning work on it too.

Certainly sounds that way, I know Mayday garage have a 993 build in process at the moment and will have Nakai-san with them for a bit while he completes it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I'd hope they change the box out for a manual at some point then if that's the case, and do some tuning work on it too.
Certainly sounds that way, I know Mayday garage have a 993 build in process at the moment and will have Nakai-san with them for a bit while he completes it.

from what i can work out, Vogue Auto Designs produce 1 off cars, they produce these without an order, and then sell, i would guess that they will use the 993 Tip for a while and then sell it on.... i am pretty sure there is no intention in any performance enhancing mods on it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I take it the people that thought this was a show pony / trailer queen would like to know its being used in a round of time attack over this weekend...

There's a teaser up on Vimeo but it's cack, didn't get much track time, mechanical issues by all accounts. I'm guessing too much lows lol