ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Diagnostics - Results help?

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi all,

I just wanted to see if someone can help me the results found by plugging the car into a reader yesterday.

From my understanding the Injector fault code is now gone, I have replaced a faulty third injector and cleaned the remaining 3 professionally.

I can't make out which parts I need to order to resolve these faults. Any help on this would be appreciated.

The car itself is a 182 if that is needed. See the image below for the results :

IMG_3497.jpg
IMG_3498.jpg

Kind Regards

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi mate,

The did have a lumpy misfire before I replaced the injector, But now it ticks over fine.

if it is left to run for a while, (10minutes) There is a sulphur/eggy smell developed, I assume this is because of the CAT. I have brought a decat pipe to resolve this, Although its not fitted yet,

The dash lights consist of ABS light & SERV Light. As for the car it has been sat in the garage since last September in bits. Only ever ran on tick over.

Hope that helps..

997.1, Caddy, e208
The ABS fault was present when I had it, that I recall. I think I gave Yodi the sensor (or it's still in my 987). If you want it & I've still got it, just pay postage.

The Yaw sensor error didn't show up on clip when I owned it though & the injector rail was replaced around 18 months ago.

172 cup
Ok mate the serv light will be on because of the abs fault , with that fault code in the abs system I would start by checking the connection to the rear right abs sensor and if the connection and wires look ok then 9 times out of 10 its a faulty sensor i'm pretty sure they are only cheap anyways.
As for the engine management faults I would clear them down and run the car and see if they return , most of the time they are old faults are that just stored in the ecu.
That sulphur / eggy smell will be the cat but if you gonna use a de-cat pipe I wouldn't worry about it :)

Cheers

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
The ABS fault was present when I had it, that I recall. I think I gave Yodi the sensor (or it's still in my 987). If you want it & I've still got it, just pay postage.

The Yaw sensor error didn't show up on clip when I owned it though & the injector rail was replaced around 18 months ago.

If you could check if you have it still mate, I will happily cover the costs mate?

Yeah, I am really not sure about the YAW sensor, As for the injector rail really useful to know, I changed the injector but the rest is fine.

Would be interested to know if you have that sensor tho mate? Appreciated..

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Ok mate the serv light will be on because of the abs fault , with that fault code in the abs system I would start by checking the connection to the rear right abs sensor and if the connection and wires look ok then 9 times out of 10 its a faulty sensor i'm pretty sure they are only cheap anyways.
As for the engine management faults I would clear them down and run the car and see if they return , most of the time they are old faults are that just stored in the ecu.
That sulphur / eggy smell will be the cat but if you gonna use a de-cat pipe I wouldn't worry about it :smile:

Cheers

Thanks for this mate, I shall check the wires first, Any chances of it being the ABS ring? I heard both of these are a pig to replace.

I will clear them down tomorrow morning and re run the diagnostics, Yeah would be worth me replacing the Lambda sensor and placing it in the Decat plug?

Thanks for your advice on this too!

997.1, Caddy, e208
I replaced the front abs rings a month or so before I sold it.... It's the sensor, that's why I bought one.

Come to think of it, the reason I replaced the injector rail was a misfire on 3 - I think I gave Yosi the spare rail so maybe it's gone on ...

172 cup
Thanks for this mate, I shall check the wires first, Any chances of it being the ABS ring? I heard both of these are a pig to replace.

I will clear them down tomorrow morning and re run the diagnostics, Yeah would be worth me replacing the Lambda sensor and placing it in the Decat plug?

Thanks for your advice on this too!

No problem bud glad to help

With that fault code of an open circuit its either wiring or sensor failure , as for your lambda sensor it might not be at fault , those fault codes could all be related to your faulty injector.
Best thing to do is get the car plugged in again clear down the codes ,fit your de-cat then run the car and see if the fault codes return, you will have to refit the lambda to the de-cat sensor plug or the engine management fault codes will return anyway.

dan's cast offs.
clear codes, take it out for 20 or so miles, kick it's head in and see what comes up code wise and look at live data. the clio ecu is a bit dumb to say the least:wink:

172 cup
clear codes, take it out for 20 or so miles, kick it's head in and see what comes up code wise and look at live data. the clio ecu is a bit dumb to say the least:wink:

your not wrong bud haha , i've had fun and games with these ecu's at times , I think the sagem 3000's in the later mk3's were way better