ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Codes

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Alright guys. After a bit of advice please. Car has been idling funny for past couple of days so tonight me and a mate took throttle body of to give it a clean. When we put it back on the car has refused to start. With the ignition on the throttle body does not seem to respond to any input from the pedal until the pedal is pressed to the carpet then it opens fully. My mate is 90% sure its the throttle body thats packed up, to be fair it has been problematic for last year. But before I buy a new one the car is throwing up two fault codes. One is saying the gearbox fluid is overheating and the second just says unassigned code P0500. Anyone shed any light on these codes or is it most likely the throttle body. Cheers in advance.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Was going to ring Cliospares in morning, see if I can buy one and if it's not that take it back. Probably get turned down but I can ask. Like I said though my mate is pretty sure its throttle body. Cheers for link though Mike.