ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault with my sidelight? or am i mad..

now...this is an unusual one..

my passenger sidelight was out...so i had a bulb left from the last time i changed them...and plugged it in...it blew..??

(im not sure if it had already popped before i put it in though..? as i never checked..)

now ive checked my fuses...and unfortunately wont get new bulbs till the weekend (due to the nearest halfords being 200 odd miles away in inverness)...

does this sound like a possible short?? i.e earth wire loose? i dont want to be putting in bulb after bulb before realising...

i might be completely wrong tho from the outset? and have tried to replace it with an already dud bulb tho...

has anyone come across this before??

my main beam bulb works, and so does my xenon...??

anybody know where the earth is? or does this not apply? dodgy wire??

help..

Just put a known good bulb in and go from there.

thats what i plan to do...but im in the middle of knowhere till the weekend...

was just wondering if there was an earth i could have a look at to see if it had rusted over etc or came loose in the meantime...

Yeah, it will be a bad earth somewhere. Cant tell you where though, sorry.

cheers for the reply..

thats what i thought initially...tho wouldnt the fuze have blown first? or even the other bulbs went out too...

i dont want it blowing my xenon...

mega bucks dot com