ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty 'Door Open' Light? - Preventing Me Locking The Car!

RB 182
Hi guys,

I've posted a thread under Interior, ICE, Security and Electrics, but i'm not sure if its in the right section!

(it should have probably been listed in Faults, Problems & Solutions)

anyway, here is a copy from the thread -

just recently the RB has been having the tendency to make the 'door open' warning light flicker on and off when driving. If I come to a stop when the light Is on, I can't lock the doors because of the car thinking the door is open.

I've done the usual thing; fiddle with wires pretending to know what I'm doing, and I've found that the passenger side door cables connecting the car to the door seem to trigger something.

When I move the little bit of wiring there, or should I say the little bit of plastic holding the wires, it goes off sometimes, BUT, sometimes the airbag light and SERV light come on.

Just wondering what you guys make of this, as I know a wiring loom is big money, so I'm hoping its something as simple as taking the casing off and fixing it myself!

thanks in advance guys.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a faulty door position switch which is a simple enough fix. You just nee to find out which one is playing up.

Mick

RB 182
Thanks for the reply mate!

i'm doing a bit of a test with it. everytime it comes on, i'm trying to suss out where its coming from.

at the moment i think its the boot one. where is the door position switch on the boot?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its part of the lock mech iirc on the tailgate. I will have a look later but it would be easier to just plug it in, look at the UCH and see which door is reporting open when closed.

RB 182
thats what i thought! but due to the typical french electrics, its not always on, ha ha.

haven't had it on today, hoping its found a way of staying off. MIGHT be because i havent opened the boot today though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Could be broken...caught seatbelt between door and the little 'nipple' on the driver's door. Had to stick a sock in the B pillar (is it 'B'?) to get the nipple thing to stick out enough to allow the door to acknowledge that it is closed.

Also had it come on because bonnet wasn't fully closed or had come undone and had been doing 70mph down the M6 to work that day!!! :eek: